Which comedy stars have you met? Page 13

Quote: Kenneth @ 23rd May 2018, 2:28 PM

Perhaps not a star in your eyes, but she did feature in The Two Ronnies.

Ah I see....a bit before my time. I googled her and, beside her photo, it just says 'model'

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd May 2018, 9:17 AM

Gillian Duxbury

I always fancied her. I wonder what she looks like now though.

She was also one of Brucie's Dolly Dealers at one time.

Quote: uh huh @ 23rd May 2018, 2:38 PM

Ah I see....a bit before my time.

No Laurel & Hardy and Cleopatra are before your time. This woman shares your time.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd May 2018, 6:02 PM

...maybe more funny? :P

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd May 2018, 6:06 PM

She was also one of Brucie's Dolly Dealers at one time.

Knew I recognised her from somewhere. She also looks like she would have been perfect for 80s adverts. Martini, Flake, Playtex, Timotei, Denim and the like.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd May 2018, 6:02 PM

Google is your friend: Just search for: gillian duxbury langan

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 23rd May 2018, 8:27 PM

Knew I recognised her from somewhere. She also looks like she would have been perfect for 80s adverts. Martini, Flake, Playtex, Timotei, Denim and the like.

And Kleenex!

Quote: garyd @ 28th May 2018, 10:13 AM

And Kleenex!

Laughing out loud Followed by Embassy Number 1!

I met Ruth Madoc from Hi-de-Hi!.
She was lovely.

Ruth, if you are reading this leave me alone

I once met Alexei Sayle. It was tough, face to face with this massively influential, hilarious, hugely respected cult figure. But he coped.

Quote: uh huh @ 23rd May 2018, 9:58 AM

? Gillian Duxbury is a model i.e. not a comedy star. :S

Beautiful women feature very frequently in comedy films and comedy TV shows but they are usually there for decoration and titillation rather than for any comedic abilities they may possess.

Can beautiful women have genuine comedic talent? The answer seems to depend on their country of origin. In North America, the answer is most certainly "Yes". In Britain, however, the answer is more along the lines of "Well, a few women comedians are okay-looking but I wouldn't touch most of them with yours."

Accordingly, I have to say Gillian Duxbury, although certainly a stunner, was never a comedy star.

For me, the two most attractive comediennes in Britain are Katherine Ryan and Aisling Bea, neither of whom is British.

I have had a romantic relationship with a British actress, well known to TV audiences who has appeared in several comedy dramas, but I'm not going to publish her name in this post as she's a bit of a nutter and I don't want her coming round and stabbing me.

It was comedic watching her trying to park that car.
Incidentally, she was beyond gorgeous close up and smelled divine.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th December 2018, 5:17 PM

It was comedic watching her trying to park that car.

You might say it was just a little Lambo that had lost its way (into the parking space).

Cariad Lloyd and Rachel Parris (couldn't hope to meet two nicer comics, as are the rest of the Austentatious troupe), Stewart Lee, despite being seemingly shy, had a good chat about comedy. Best was The Chuckle Brothers last Christmas after panto, stayed and chatted for upwards of fifteen minutes, absolute legends.