The Royal Wedding Page 2

Quote: Briosaid @ 19th May 2018, 10:59 PM

Hope she stands up for herself and tells her new relatives to take a hike if they try to impose their shitty standards on her.

Extremely unlikely indeed I'd've thought. She looks every bit the fawning wannabe princess from a country obsessed with our royal family because they don't have one. The very last sort of person to rock the boat, unlike bolshy Princess Di who came from aristocracy and was able to say her bit on fairly level and familiar terms.

She will be under huge pressure to be a good representative of the USA and won't want to let them down, and she is in a big way their golden ticket into Royalty at last. I think she'll be as obedient as one of the corgis, myself, woof woof.

I should have known this forum would be a hotbed of anti-Royal agitation and general bolshiness!

By all accounts she's been working for the United Nations, various charities and getting shit done since the '90s. So I don't think she sounds like a pushover, or a dog.

Quote: zooo @ 20th May 2018, 10:13 AM

By all accounts she's been working for the United Nations, various charities and getting shit done since the '90s. So I don't think she sounds like a pushover, or a dog.

Yes. The fact they didn't invite a load of crappy people to the wedding just because of who the crappy people were (May, Trump, etc., and some of the relatives) gives me great hope she'll tell the Royals and the courtiers to sod off if required. She's not the young, inexperienced girl that Diana was.

Harry taking after his great great uncle.

And I thought the Trumps were the new American Royal family. He'll get it put through congress.

Hows this for a fantasy scenario:

Harry & Megan get pregnant
Megan decides to give birth in California
Something unfortunate happens to Prince William
Harry gets to be King of England
The baby grows up and stands for president of USA & wins
Something unfortunate happens to King Harry
So then we get a USA president who is also Monarch of the UK.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 20th May 2018, 9:31 AM

She looks every bit the fawning wannabe princess from a country obsessed with our royal family because they don't have one.

"Obsessed" is far too strong a term. "Mildly interested during royal weddings" would be a better fit. I've never seen a male American express any interest in royals or weddings, so I suppose it's just the massive Disney-esque fairytale wedding that appeals to American women.

Quote: billwill @ 20th May 2018, 11:39 PM

Super!

Unlike other newlyweds, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not be jetting off on a honeymoon straight away - instead, they will be back on royal duty, carrying out their first official engagements as husband and wife. Great, people should learn from them.

Quote: billwill @ 20th May 2018, 11:39 PM

The problem with that supposed scenario is that, not only would something unfortunate have to happen to both William & Harry, something unfortunate would also have to happen to Prince George, Princess Charlotte & the latest one (Louis), who are, respectively, 3rd, 4th & 5th in line to the throne after Charles & William, before Harry would get a look in..

I'm not sure what "unfortunate" events you are envisaging but, while losing one member of the royal family may well be unfortunate and losing two may be considered carelessness, losing 5 might well attract the attention of even the British Police.

Look, if the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park can ignore incomplete strands of DNA in ancient mosquitoes, then I think we can ignore the rules of royal succession. Unless you're suggesting the Royals are smarter than dinosaurs.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 21st May 2018, 1:01 PM

The problem with that supposed scenario is that, not only would something unfortunate have to happen to both William & Harry, something unfortunate would also have to happen to Prince George, Princess Charlotte & the latest one (Louis), who are, respectively, 3rd, 4th & 5th in line to the throne after Charles & William, before Harry would get a look in..

I'm not sure what "unfortunate" events you are envisaging but, while losing one member of the royal family may well be unfortunate and losing two may be considered carelessness, losing 5 might well attract the attention of even the British Police.

:)