I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,986

It's a bad affair all round.
With all the antisemitism throwing around at this time you have to be careful what you say.

To an outsider, it seems both are throwing bombs etc at each other with never a chance of peace.
The mutual religious hatred is too strong to ever be resolved.

Quote: Kenneth @ 15th May 2018, 2:00 AM

I'm with DaButt on this one. Sending the kiddies out to be killed in order to gain attention, sympathy and money is pure evil.

58 Palestinians mostly unarmed, including children, were exercising their democratic right to demonstrate. Other countries manage to contain riots without killing 58 people. And Kenneth and Da Butt are saying its the Palestinians fault for trying to get killed. Bonkers. Bit like saying women in mini skirts are asking for it. lol. Are you guys trolling ?

Trump was fanning the flames of hatred (Trolling), which always exists either side of any conflict. Thatcher made the Irish conflict worse and Trump is doing the same. Peace was achieved in Ireland, but not the way Trump is going at it. Sad week, R.I.P.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th May 2018, 9:21 AM

You do know that over 20% of Israelis are Muslim Arabs, right? Religion is a red herring.

Plenty of educated youths and adults on both sides would like peace. Unfortunately, political leaders tend to push for conflict. The ultra-orthodox Haredim and ultra-conservative corrupt Hamas are largely to blame.

Quote: Firkin @ 15th May 2018, 10:05 AM

Other countries manage to contain riots without killing 58 people. And Kenneth and Da Butt are saying its the Palestinians fault for trying to get killed. Bonkers. Bit like saying women in mini skirts are asking for it. lol. Are you guys trolling ?

Pop over there and listen to Hamas urging people to cross over in glorious bloodshed and be killed. Stupid to send the kiddies out and encourage them to die if you're unhappy with the location of the US Embassy. It's not remotely like saying women in short skirts are asking for it. That's called false equivalence.

"Now we are heading to Jerusalem with millions of martyrs. We may die but Palestine will live." = not the same as: I'm wearing a short skirt. See the difference?

Quote: Briosaid @ 14th May 2018, 11:24 PM

Can you get your pea brain round that weird possibility - that one group might not ALWAYS be in the wrong? Oh sorry, of course your brain is moon-sized because you 're a possible Mensaaa candidate while the rest of us must bow to your superiority.

Imaginary scenarios that exist only in her head, with a dollop of self-righteous personal attack on top: a typical Briosaid tirade.

Karma.

Another imaginary scenario.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th May 2018, 9:21 AM

I'm not sure that it's necessarily 100% mutual, as the Israelis have made peace with neighboring Muslim countries. They are getting pretty cozy with the Saudis as Iran's menacing behavior grows.

Quote: Kenneth @ 15th May 2018, 1:07 PM

Pop over there and listen to Hamas urging people to cross over in glorious bloodshed and be killed. Stupid to send the kiddies out and encourage them to die if you're unhappy with the location of the US Embassy. It's not remotely like saying women in short skirts are asking for it. That's called false equivalence.

"Now we are heading to Jerusalem with millions of martyrs. We may die but Palestine will live." = not the same as: I'm wearing a short skirt. See the difference?

Exactly.

Hamas organized the demonstration knowing full well that people would be killed. They're encouraging people to break through the barriers, and if that happens there will be large numbers of casualties. And if it happens, armed Hamas fighters will infiltrate Israel and we'll see kidnappings and murders of civilians and soldiers. The Hamas soldiers will commit atrocities, they'll be found and killed, and they will be celebrated as martyrs. Same old same old.

Quote: Firkin @ 15th May 2018, 10:05 AM

58 Palestinians mostly unarmed, including children, were exercising their democratic right to demonstrate. Other countries manage to contain riots without killing 58 people. And Kenneth and Da Butt are saying its the Palestinians fault for trying to get killed. Bonkers. Bit like saying women in mini skirts are asking for it. lol. Are you guys trolling ?

Forgive me but your viewpoint, shared by millions across social media at the moment was just what Hammas were after imo. They bought it with the lives of their own people. For an extreme religious cult which believes in a glorious afterlife for martyrs these 60 deaths are nothing much in the context of history. For Hammas, Taliban, IS and the rest everyone is expendable and their death used to celebrate their cause.

Those who were killed weren't demonstrating in the strip, which Israel tolerates. They were beyond the buffer zone at the border fence physically trying to get in with cutters and petrol bombs which they know Israel won't tolerate. They were all 'asked to demonstrate' there by Imams bellowing it out on loud speakers in mosques. Many countries will kill invaders they believe want to kill their own people. I think it's pretty fair to say they were sent to their martyrdom by the hardliners who want people around the world to sympathise with their plight and it seems to be working.

Sounds harsh but that's probably what's happening. If they cared so much about their people instead of their cause and their religious principles then they'd be equipping their hospitals with much needed resources for times like this. According to reports they aren't.

People in power the World over (politicians and religious leaders) just get on with whatever they think is best for them personally. We should be both wise to it and used to it by now. Don't follow leaders, let them f**k off in their direction on their own.

Catherine Tate and David Tennant to star in new Sky comedy.

This inspired casting will no doubt assist with the respective parties retirement pots.

Written by Tate and acted in by Tate, almost makes you feel luke warm with interest (or dread) depending on whether you like her comedy or not. Dread in my case, but Tennant I like.

And again! This time Santa Fe.
*waits for Da Butt to post the usual callous, gun-obsessed drivel*

The USA must be very over-populated when it's prepared to stand by and see its young people massacred so often.

I believe that I am a possible Mensa candidate and very often wrong.

Quote: Briosaid @ 18th May 2018, 8:21 PM

*waits for Da Butt to post the usual callous, gun-obsessed drivel*

DaButt (an American) posts another cogent, rational and civil response to a non-American's angry and ill-informed tirade about an American problem:

The 17-year-old kid in Texas had a revolver and shotgun in his possession. This is already illegal.
He brought firearms onto a school campus. This is already illegal.
He murdered 10 people. This is already illegal (and punishable by death.)

So is another law what we need? Surely that will be the one that finally works, right? It shouldn't matter if we infringe on the constitutional rights of hundreds of millions of Americans because of the actions of a few psychopaths as long as it looks like we're DOING SOMETHING, right?

You'll note that this kid carried only a shotgun and a revolver, but the calls for banning so-called "assault weapons" have begun anew.

Quote: DaButt @ 18th May 2018, 10:30 PM

DaButt (an American) posts another cogent, rational and civil response to a non-American's angry and ill-informed tirade about an American problem:

Rational? Angry? Ill-informed (it didn't happen?)? Tirade? You and I definitely speak different languages from each other. To me your post makes no sense, but then that's often the case.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 18th May 2018, 10:22 PM

I believe that I am a possible Mensa candidate and very often wrong.

Laughing out loud

So is another law what we need?

Presidential assistant: Another school shooting, sir. Ten dead, Texas.
Trump: Shit. OK, here's the solution: more guns in schools.
Presidential assistant: You are a genius, sir.
Trump: No shit.

The 17-year-old kid in Texas had a revolver and shotgun in his possession. This is already illegal.
He brought firearms onto a school campus. This is already illegal.
He murdered 10 people. This is already illegal (and punishable by death.)

Proving that the law is not preventing this very troubling upward trend in school massacres. It must bring us back to the accessibility of guns in USA. They are just way too easy for psychos and gangsters and criminals to get hold of. That famous amendment in your constitution is being made a mockery of by these killers. Surely time to amend the amendment?

There are many other effective means of protecting yourself and your home now, some lethal some non lethal, some purely preventative security. And you'd still have your gun clubs and ranges for hobby shooting, where you can keep and show off and shoot the guns you own. In fact clubs would be bound to increase greatly if carrying and keeping guns were banned, meaning you wouldn't have to go far for your weekend shoot.

True that if your government could actually do it, it would then need a massive physical police and national guard operation to confiscate as many guns as it can find in the following months or even years but with a zero tolerance policy using the army you could actually eliminate much of America's most dangerous criminals in the process making your country a more relaxed place to live. This is highly unlikely to happen anytime soon but how many kids do you want shot while trying to learn stuff before any real measures to stop it are considered and tried?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th May 2018, 10:54 AM

True that if your government could actually do it, it would then need a massive physical police and national guard operation to confiscate as many guns as it can find in the following months or even years but with a zero tolerance policy using the army you could actually eliminate much of America's most dangerous criminals in the process making your country a more relaxed place to live.

But the tragic irony seems to be that nerdy little schoolkids are murdering far more innocent people now than hardened criminal gangsters who tend to mainly kill other gangsters. :S Is your country a nuts place to live or wot?

It always amuses me when Brits defend the royals cos they 'bring in money through tourism.' Three royal weddings cost 151 million Euros - 'Yeah, but last month we sold a postcard of a London bus. Balance.'

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 19th May 2018, 1:40 PM

It always amuses me when Brits defend the royals cos they 'bring in money through tourism.' Three royal weddings cost 151 million Euros - 'Yeah, but last month we sold a postcard of a London bus. Balance.'

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud