A changed man returns Page 2

Hi Shandonbelle thanks for the welcome back.
My job is playing a character on FB page and I answer as that person. The page has over 11 million members and I'm one of a team of people who reply to totally random posters , it's advert click bait led but its steady pay .
At first it was interesting as I pretend to be American , only basic pop culture type references, but I've yet to get caught out as a Brit which isn't that bad as I can post up to 300 random question replies a day.
But in this time of Trump America is as divided as the UK and viewpoints and sensitivities and slurs are at their zenith so I would love another job that paid a steady wage, but then again wouldn't most of us ?

I can only tolerate Facebook for about 5 minutes at a time so I feel your pain. Still, you're earning a crust from being creative in a fashion, so you got something going on for you Paddy.
I do sometimes wonder these days if everything has been done or maybe I have just lost the passion for writing, it may return, it usually does after a while.

Shan for me the the problem lies in the commissioning of things , there is so much pressure on them to be comprehensive inclusive and sensitive. As such there is no longer any room for real/ edgy comedy as the people who commission things have to be really careful as Twitter holds everyone to account these days and in instance their bosses can be lambasting them for a negative twitter response to a new show.

Welcome back, didn't know you were ever here .. i.e. to be welcomed back.. ..must have been when I was off the site contemplating Whitsuntide

As someone from Yorkshire I accept your slur gladly. Thank you.

Disappointing that you confirm that Commissioners of comedy are allowing the baying mob of PC correct morons on twitter to sway their commissioning magic wands toward the 'safe' direction.

I figured that but really didn't want to be right.

Let's hope a wind of change blows things a more sensible way. It's OK to be insensitive and funny, everyone and everything can and should be made comedic by a skewing of reality.. and any person of whatever race, gender, religion or culture should be mature enough to be able to laugh at themselves.. And if they aren't, I believe that is their problem and not anyone elses..

As a dour Yorkshire man that can't multitask (I am a man..) I doff my flat cap to you, slap the whippet that is up my trouser leg (please alert the RSPCA via a suitable tweet) while I reflect on the un-disputable fact that I am both thick in the arm and thick in the head, ayup, it's r8 enough, I'll sithee.. and of course as I am C of E I don't go to church on Sunday but I do pass it on the way to the pub.. oh, I forgot as I am a man, white and past middle age I must of course in many peoples eyes (apparently..) be a full on bigoted misogynistic racist bastard.. Well, worra f**king life!? Who'd-a thunk it.. Wave

I never knew you were a fellow Tyke, ya little tyke.

Ah thought tha were a Goodlad nah ah know thah't a good lad! I expect you've not heard that before.. Whistling nnocently

Sheffield born and raised, moved to London at 25 years on account of the streets being paved dahn here and not cobbled..

I came to London to make my fortune but I've lost what little I started with and created a mountain of debt and misery instead.. Oh well, I'll keep on trying!! :)

Mr Teddy Paddalack : sincere apologies for ranting in your thread and the very warmest of welcomes back to BCG. I am sure we're all going to get on just the same as we always have! Welcome! :)

Just a thought, as you have a lot of material why don't you join us in critique in the weekly sketch comp - it's a lot of fun and the prize is ..well, nothing.. and so well worth winning! To win nothing is a writers dream, as you no doubt know.. :)