Price of Spot Cartoons

Can anybody advise on a fair price for amateur spot cartoons. Im thinking $10/£7.5
too cheap ?

That's very low, Flook. A lot depends on who it's for, whether it's being published, etc.

Its for the Tranzfiction mag - I cant get voluntary content, and having disappointed a few people by not continuing with it - ( because of the work load ) - thought i'd explore the idea of having a small charge of a couple of bucks for future issues to fund 3rd party content ect

Ideally I like a working partner with equal amount of capital to invest or waste ! :) because it looks almost like a goer as an underground offering, that is with better editing and broadening the theme and stories to be more hetro-ect.
Mind I could be deluded as f**k

I see, I thought you were talking as a contributor rather than the editor. It's such a niche mag, if someone wanted to draw cartoons for you, I wouldn't have thought they'd mind about being paid or not, especially if it's only a token amount. Have you publicised your need for cartoons enough amongst the readers?

I have.
Its hopeless.
The people able to contribute are nickel and diming with schemes like patron. The result is less stuff on view, Maybe thats the only reason Tranzfiction seemed popular - not much competition.

So Im not too insulting with an offer of $10 per gonzo sketch - A token -
whats the main stream rate btw ?
Say if punch was still going ?

If they are amateur they are free, Flook. You need to think like a professional. Try Upwork?

Cheers mate
I will keep that site in mind.
Everything is still up in the air

For those curious http://tranzfiction.co.uk/

If Punch was still going? If only! Probably around £100 to £150. Private Eye pay more.

Thats a lot, I had no idea