The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 678

Quote: A Horseradish @ 5th May 2018, 7:31 AM

Although our wonderful manager is leaving Arsenal, I will always keep my woollen Arsene Wenger on my sideboard. I am disgusted by the way he has been treated.

There are only two acceptable replacements.

One is Thierry Henry because he is also the Arsenal, a poor black man and a lover of Baudelaire.

The other is David Wagner because Wagner is to Wenger what Arsene is to Arsenal, he is 46 and Arsene Wenger was 46 when he joined Arsenal, he wears glasses just as Arsene Wenger wore glasses when he joined us and he is the manager of Huddersfield Town from whom in 1925 we successfully nicked Herbert Chapman.

Look elsewhere.
Anyway, Chelsea have shown an interest and several others.
Drawing against a full squad man city at man city has done his credentials no harm either.

Oh well. Sutton United's dream is no more. After finishing third we lost a home play-off against Boring Wood. Wembley against Tranmere Rovers would've been a great finale for our season. A brilliant season over all though. Vastly exceeded all expectations - and now we don't have to rip our pitch up.

Sorry dude

I loathe Tranmere with a passion - hope they blow it

Good luck next season

While he's been snubbed in player of the year award I've got to give it to Glenn murray - phenomenal player despite playing for Poofter club Brighton. Would take fermeeno's spot in an instant while matt jarvis replaces unworthy winner saler

Neil Warnock does the impossible and gets the Bluebirds promoted this season.
It's going to be even more impossible to prevent relegation next season.

Quote: behminztur @ 9th May 2018, 11:37 PM

While he's been snubbed in player of the year award I've got to give it to Glenn murray - phenomenal player despite playing for Poofter club Brighton. Would take fermeeno's spot in an instant while matt jarvis replaces unworthy winner saler

??????????????????????

English translation please!

Ian Holloway goneTeary
The Wally with the brolley being lined up to replace himTeary

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th May 2018, 7:35 PM

Look elsewhere.
Anyway, Chelsea have shown an interest and several others.
Drawing against a full squad man city at man city has done his credentials no harm either.

The Great Escape 2. I looked at your last five fixtures a few weeks back and thought you were gonners. I never thought Southampton would go down although they left it late. Swansea completely stuffed by their own complacency.

Quote: Will Cam @ 10th May 2018, 10:12 PM

Ian Holloway goneTeary
The Wally with the brolley being lined up to replace himTeary

Oh no. There are so many second rate managers roaming around the championship now, they stay at one club for a season, fail, then go on to fail at another, it's depressing for us fans of championship clubs. What's going to make it harder for them is three pretty handy teams have joined them from the premiership. AnotherTeary

10 years today Paul Doswell took over at Sutton United. What a fantastic period. He's just about to be the longest serving manager in the top 5 divisions.

30 years ago today Wimbledon won the FA Cup...

About 40 years ago today, I scored the winning goal in the Bradford and Woolen District FA cup final for The Walkers Arms.
We were against The BeeHive, the division one league winners.
With 10 minutes to go the match was deadlocked at 0-0 when I was sent on as the last sub (you could only have two in those days)
The manager gave me stern instructions to run down the right wing and pass it to Alan Wood. (our top goal-scorer)
I did as I was told and ran up and down that wing without ever getting the ball.
Then at last, the ball came to me on the halfway line and I scorched down the wing looking for Alan
There he was in the box waiting for it and calling for it.
I 'toe poked' it as hard as I could towards him but my foot hit the ball off center.
It started its high trajectory towards him but the accidental spin made it curve off line.
Straight into the top corner of the net with the goalie flailing at it,
A 35 yard wonder goal. (that's how the local paper described it)
The final whistle blew and I was carried off on the shoulders of my teammates - and I got first sup of the champagne too.
I thought everyone knew I had fluked it - but they didn't, they all thought I meant to curl it in.
I didn't tell anyone outside of football that I scored the winning goal as I was sure my teammates were just being nice and it was obvious it was lucky.
My girlfriend at the time read the match report with the headline 'Walkers Arms win the cup with a wonder goal' and saw the picture of me being carried off aloft and said 'You never told me you scored, you are sooo modest'

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th May 2018, 11:21 PM

30 years ago today Wimbledon won the FA Cup...

Where are they now? A bit Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde.

RIP Ray Wilson, England World Cup winner.

That's 3 of the final XI no longer with us (including, ironically, the youngest).

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th May 2018, 10:09 PM

RIP Ray Wilson, England World Cup winner.

That's 3 of the final XI no longer with us (including, ironically, the youngest).

Only 3? Ball, Moore and Wilson?

Dedicated to all Manchester United supporters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O_YMLDvvnw