What are you reading right now? Page 231

Quote: Briosaid @ 28th March 2018, 9:33 PM

About to start 'Unaccompanied Minor' - Alexander Newley. It's a memoir by the son of Anthony Newley and Joan Collins.

Just finished it. So sad - a real f**ked up (by his parents) child.I've always thought Joan Collins was a hard-faced bitch and this book confirmed it. She didn't deserve to be a mother. Anthony Newley, for all his faults (his son said that nowadays he'd be described as a sex addict) at least showed love for his children when he was around. The artwork is also quite disturbing.

mark steel - reasons to be cheerful

Very funny stuff!

Richard Matheson aged 5 spilt his coffee. He said, 'Sorry, Mum.' She said, 'It doesn't matter, son.'

Lip Service - Maureen Lipman collection of memoirs.

She is actually one of my secret crushes!

WRITING magazine May 18 issue

Quote: Chappers @ 16th April 2018, 10:14 PM

She is actually one of my secret crushes!

Not really a secret now.
More Matheson. Fab.

Still wading through my Christmas books. Presently on number 14. Only 2 more to go.now 'Winter' (Ali Smith) a bit weird but I'm beginning to understand.

I'm reading Catch 22 Joseph Heller I've read it before and I expect I'll read it again.. Long live Yossarian! :)

Quote: Frankie Mildly Perturbed @ 5th May 2018, 11:50 PM

I'm reading Catch 22 Joseph Heller I've read it before and I expect I'll read it again.. Long live Yossarian! :)

I read it years ago at university, recommended by my English tutor, and thought it was brilliant. You've made me want to read it again as I've forgotten so much.

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th May 2018, 12:04 AM

I read it years ago at university, recommended by my English tutor, and thought it was brilliant. You've made me want to read it again as I've forgotten so much.

Good! It's my favourite book. Took him 6 years to write it apparently, and it was his first book! Wow!
:)

And it took me six years to get to page ten before I gave up. I just can't get on with big books, find their length too daunting for my tiny attention span. Ooh what's that thing over there?

'Chinese Whispers ' - Peter May. The last of his China Thrillers and the penultimate book from my Christmas present books.

Catch 22 is one of the many books I've read after watching the film.

Ahem, Harry Potters are not any of them.

Quote: Frankie Mildly Perturbed @ 5th May 2018, 11:50 PM

One of my favourite books. I've read it several times.

Quote: Briosaid @ 5th May 2018, 11:09 PM

Still wading through my Christmas books. Presently on number 14. Only 2 more to go.now 'Winter' (Ali Smith) a bit weird but I'm beginning to understand.

What? English?

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th May 2018, 12:04 AM

University? Wooo. Get you. Course they're not the same in Scotchland.

[quote name="Chappers" post="1190653" date="15th May 2018, 7:47 PM
University? Wooo. Get you. Course they're not the same in Scotchland.[/quote]
Listen Buggerlugs h:P, Glasgow University is a member of the Russell Group, not one of your jumped up, ex-Polys. Founded 1451.