March 19 - BBC Writersroom window... open! Page 3

I feel sorry for the poor sods having to wade through that lot.

It's enough to put you off pharamacists and Irishmen for life!

When do we find out we've been rejected?

Quote: ell @ 4th May 2018, 8:37 AM

When do we find out we've been rejected?

I think it's when you press 'Send'....

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th May 2018, 10:29 AM

I think it's when you press 'Send'....

Yes - very good!

They probably don't actually tell us failures - just the successful one(s).

Well I should be fine then.

I'm an extremely successful failure!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 6th April 2018, 4:11 PM

Aren't these podcasts only for your Patreon subscribers?

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Podcasts are free on this website. If you want to catch up with our FABULOUS interviews with Jack Docherty and Paul Merton in the weeks before we put them up on here, or if you'd like us to critique the first ten pages of your sitcom, then by all means sign up to Patroen for as little as £8 a year. https://www.patreon.com/SitcomGeeks

Thanks.

Interested to know if any of the comedy.co.uk forum posters have got far with their script submissions? Not just with Writer's room, but through other channels?

I take that as a no then?!

I hope not though - I would love to hear success stories from so-called minions starting from scratch and who didn't have a foot-in by having contact with anybody "in the know" or anyone who was influential etc..

Making initial contact with somone influential is part and parcel of getting your script noticed, I'm afraid.

How do you do that? Do you have to attend events and schmooze or can you email a random person from a production company? Is it worth getting an agent or do you need some success before you can find one?

I should probably start a new thread for this.

You could certainly try your first suggestion, and definitely email anyone you think might be interested. No agent would take on someone without a track record, sadly. It's a conundrum that everyone has to work out for themselves.

I've not heard back yet from the comedy room window - just thought I'd say. I think it's getting close though. The 'in progress' i'm sure will read 'closed' for me.

I'm halfway through changing writing formats in my head: think I'm there now

How long did it take first responses to come through last time around? Does anyone know. The website says you should find out either way so I've only put down a deposit on the Porsche for now.