I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,983

You'd best flit then.

Quote: Briosaid @ 23rd April 2018, 11:34 PM

'Jimmy' Krankie is a repulsive wee shite.

That's exactly what I said! Her role model!

What are people's thoughts on the Alfie Evans business?

It's heartbreaking but the reality is he has been given the best medical care and has a progressive brain condition that is unheard of so there is no treatment (that's how I've read it). I can't imagine how hard it must be for his parents but it seems going to Italy isn't going to address the condition he has and I heard on the radio someone saying the fact the Pope has got involved is putting religion before the dignity of someone who has had world leading care and deemed terminal. I have to agree with that because I trust the doctors involved and am baffled by the Pope tweeting about this. It's become a very weird world.

I'm not a parent so I can't appreciate what it must be like for a doctor to tell you there is nothing more they can do for your child and it's now a case of focussing on palliative care. The team involved in caring for him must have had to make some very hard decisions and are being seen as the enemy. It's all down to the modern media and it's disgusting. His parents were being filmed today making statements at a time when they should have widthdrawn from the media.

I agree with you. I think the poor wee soul should be allowed to die. I've been faced, 3 times, with the possible death of my younger son, and it's unbearable (he's still alive) but you have to put your own needs aside and think what's best for the child. My sympathy for the parents is waning, especially when the father has tried to bring a murder charge against the doctors. These are really dedicated people and the last thing they want to do is kill a child. Being cynical, I do wonder who's funding all these court cases for the parents - they're hardly out of school themselves.
EDIT: according to something on news last night, there seems to be an extreme Christian organisation behind them, which has political interests.

I saw the father on the news this morning sprouting conspiracy theories.
The doctors lied, cover up etc and he knows there is nothing wrong with the boy.

It's tempting to think he likes the spotlight too much.

Take the child home and look after him. We all feel for you.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th April 2018, 6:59 PM

You'd best flit then.

If it was OK to kill any incumbents and just take land and property in ancient times then I suspect it will become OK again at some in the future. In that situation you might find it is you that will be flitting.

Quote: Frankie Mildly Perturbed @ 28th April 2018, 7:12 PM

If it was OK to kill any incumbents and just take land and property in ancient times then I suspect it will become OK again at some in the future. In that situation you might find it is you that will be flitting.

Omigod! Are you saying Stephen is landed gentry?

RIP

Quote: Rigs @ 29th April 2018, 12:35 AM

RIP

?????

Cardinal George Pell has been committed to stand trial on multiple historical sexual offences.
Won't mean much to those outside Oz .Famous for paying expensive lawyers to rubbish claims of sexual abuse by his priests.
Unfortunately there is no everlasting Fire....

Betterware is no more.
Where am I going to get stuff like onion coolers,speaking bibles and plastic peg baskets from now :(

Quote: Bill Poster @ 2nd May 2018, 12:10 AM

Betterware is no more.
Where am I going to get stuff like onion coolers,speaking bibles and plastic peg baskets from now :(

The Reject Shop? Just be careful you don't get mistaken for stock.

It will be all right if I keep moving.