Dear Chopz...

Pilot season continues with a new show:

Dear Chopz... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzn4-nm19IY

Hope you enjoy

Is that David Bussell?

It's not bad, it's a nice concept. But it kind of goes on a little bit, and the budgeting joke, and I can't give advice thing makes it a bit long.

Quote: sootyj @ March 6, 2008, 12:34 AM

Is that David Bussell?

What the...? God Almighty, Chopz, I told you that in confidence!

If I'd have known you were going to broadcast it all over the internet I'd have never told you about the time I caught my penis in the bars of the hamster cage.

Wait, which story did I tell you again?

Quote: sootyj @ March 6, 2008, 12:34 AM

But it kind of goes on a little bit, and the budgeting joke, and I can't give advice thing makes it a bit long.

You're right, I've no idea why I continued to think that that was a good joke when filming.

I instantly thought of Chris Morris when I saw the on screen graphics and the whole appearance. I'm not going to kid you and say the material or performances were at that level too though.

The concept is quite good but as mentioned above it was a little over-long. The style it was presented in, didn't match they way you presented it. You kept looking down, maybe looking at a script? It felt, because you put yourself in that small box as though you should be talking at us - like a Holly character would.

David made the best contribution and his reaction at the very end was nothing but perfectly done. The others didn't add much, to be honest.

Overall, I think it has potential and I hope you do more and hone it, because you ARE funny and I always look forward to your productions.

And I hope I can get around to contributing a piece, then the others can tell me I didn't bring anything to it either.

It would be better if it was shortened. Thats the only problem really is that its over long. All the jokes and ideas are funny just too far apart. I can't believe i've told you to shorten it three times Laughing out loud Whats wrong with me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzn4-nm19IY

Shortened edit of Dear Chopz...

Might be worth a squirt :S

As above but. You are a talented guy and I'm glad getting to see some more stuff that is different from "who's Toby" which gives a good intidcation of the range you have as a performer. I think it worked it was a little rough round edges but still I enjoyed it and looking foward to your next piece.

Last weeks 'The Now Show' had additional material from 'Stuart Laws'. Does anyone know if this was former forum member Chopz. I hope it was. He should come back.

Quote: Will Cam @ 15th April 2017, 8:06 PM

Last weeks 'The Now Show' had additional material from 'Stuart Laws'. Does anyone know if this was former forum member Chopz. I hope it was. He should come back.

I have now confirmed that it was Chopz. It's nice to see one of the old gang doing well.