Which sitcom is set furthest back in history?

There are quite a few set in Roman times, but I can't think of anything set older than that, unless you count The Flintstones.

Mrs Browns Boys scripts come from the Stone Age.

Hitchhikers ended up in the Stone Age-sorry, the Golgafrincham period.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 17th April 2018, 7:48 AM

Hitchhikers ended up in the Stone Age-sorry, the Golgafrincham period.

It was also set at the end of the universe, so on average it's probably set in the future.

There was an American sitcom called 'Dinosaurs.'

Chelmsford 123

I wrote one called,

'Do you Adam 'n' Eve it?'

'bout Adam and Eve funnily enough.. i.e. round about when Earth was created..

BBC took out an option on it (but only in my dreams..)

Quote: lofthouse @ 17th April 2018, 8:00 PM

Chelmsford 123

Up Pompeii!.

Quote: Nogget @ 17th April 2018, 9:42 AM

It was also set at the end of the universe, so on average it's probably set in the future.

Well Blackadder had a scene thousands of year in the future so you could apply the same logic with that. I think it's confused maths myself. They're both set in the past and the future.

I'm trying to understand it but when it comes to space I just confuse myself the more I try but as the edge of the universe is billions of light years away that means it's in the future because it hasn't happened yet from the perspective of Earth but the location of the sitcom it would be the present.

The Flintstones is set in the stone age. I used to enjoy watching that and the antics of Dino but I don't see it on TV anymore. The live action films were pretty good. Rick Moranis as Barney is a stroke of casting genius.