Not Going Out - Series 9 Page 7

Not my favourite episode but still very funny, I'm a huge fan of the show always have been, so even if it's not as good as the old ones I don't care, still better than most comedies of recent years in my opinion.

It's weird how comedy divides opinion as I really enjoyed this week's episode. I enjoyed better than last week's episode.

For me, like others have said on here Not Going Out is still better than most other situation comedies on offer at the moment.

As always some cracking gags tonight. But again, such a convoluted plot. I know Lee's an idiot but Lucy is fast becoming just as stupid in decision making as him. And am I the only one getting a little bit fed up with Anna and Toby and all the gags about them despising each other?

I try not to watch Mack's Not Giving Up My Nice Little Earner Series 9 And Counting The Money Even Though It's A Cheap Knock Off Of My Stand Up Stuff Shoehorned Clumsily Into A Fake It Sitcom Form but unfortunately caught a glimpse of it the other night after I'd mislaid the dibber and just avoided having to order an expensive new telly. Angry

Someone should invent a programme blocker so whatever channel you have on you don't have to see stuff you hate. Then I could get on with doing more productive stuff as I'd only be watching about two progs a week.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 8th April 2018, 12:19 PM

I try not to watch Mack's Not Giving Up My Nice Little Earner Series 9 And Counting The Money Even Though It's A Cheap Knock Off Of My Stand Up Stuff Shoehorned Clumsily Into A Fake It Sitcom Form but unfortunately caught a glimpse of it the other night after I'd mislaid the dibber and just avoided having to order an expensive new telly. Angry

Someone should invent a programme blocker so whatever channel you have on you don't have to see stuff you hate. Then I could get on with doing more productive stuff as I'd only be watching about two progs a week.

I feel much the same as you, Alfred. The torrent of set-ups and gags gets wearing after a while.

Sorry, I have to disagree. I very much enjoyed last week's episode, one of the better episodes so far this series.

Another rather good episode this week too, I thought. I agree that it is lacking something, probably Tim Vine but I still find it an enjoyable watch on a Thursday night.

I've noticed there's no news on when a DVD of either Series 8 or 9 is due for release?

Lee said that Series 9 wasn't going to be sold on DVD due to the dying industry. However he said that that would be the first not to be put to DVD so I'm guessing there may be a Series 8 DVD released at the end of Series 9?

What's everyone's opinions on this series in General? Do you think it's improved since series 8? And which is your favourite episode from this series so far?
I personally think episode one was a good episode, felt like back to the original, episode two was good to see all the characters together in one room, It felt like it could be one of the old ones, no kids in it. Episode 3 was quite good, probs not my favourite by still a good episode. Episode 4 was ok but didn't think it felt that good in comparison to others. Episode 5 I personally think is my favourite of this series, it just felt like it was similar to the old classic episodes. And episode 6 was good but not my favourite. It felt funny but, just seemed different.

I'm enjoying it all! You always get the odd episode that's a bit better or not quite as good as others; I just love all the gags.

Yeah Aaron I always love them, I've began writing my own sitcom, which I've tried to do in a similar style to NGO. I've done 4.5 gags per minute ??'? so wherever I watch Not Going Out I appreciate it more cos I know how much effort goes into writing all those gags

Quote: liam rams2000 @ 14th April 2018, 1:14 PM

Yeah Aaron I always love them, I've began writing my own sitcom, which I've tried to do in a similar style to NGO. I've done 4.5 gags per minute ??'? so wherever I watch Not Going Out I appreciate it more cos I know how much effort goes into writing all those gags

There are lots of people writing them, including a cartoonist friend of mine.

Quote: beaky @ 14th April 2018, 3:25 PM

There are lots of people writing them, including a cartoonist friend of mine.

Really, how many people do you know? I thought it was Mack and one other.

Quote: liam rams2000 @ 14th April 2018, 3:45 PM

Really, how many people do you know? I thought it was Mack and one other.

Have a look out our episode guides for full details. This week's had 6 writers in all. https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/not_going_out/episodes/9/6/

Not outstanding but nice, this and Episodes is making iPlayer feel a bit bigger for me atm