What DVD are you watching? Page 32

I am not watching any DVD's at the moment but the last one I did watch was 'The Blues Brothers 2000'

That Dan Ackroyd.. ..what a guy, my hero! :)

Shouldn't the title be "Which DVD are you watching?" unless you have an endless supply?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 11th April 2018, 7:41 PM

...unless you have an endless supply?

We do. Amazon, HMV, Base, Music Magpie, Ebay...

Just watched my Philadelphia DVD and the highlight, as always, was the chive and cress promotional skits. That soft cheese goes with anything.

I then put on the Tom Hanks version wearing my over the ear DJ headphones hoping to soak up the soundtrack and noticed during the opening scenes there were about five times I could hear coughing which meant the soundtrack was using a live recording and I was surprised by that. You can't hear it unless you're wearing headphones.

Found one of the DVDs I thought I'd lost (lent out but never got backPirate) so watched with immense enjoyment. :) If School For Scoundrels isn't in the ten best Britcoms ever I'm Harriet Harman's lovechild.

Terry Thomas is hilarious in this, Oh hard cheese x 20. Laughing out loud And I'm wondering if George Cole learnt off the car selling scene which is as absolute gem. What year is she? Cough cough. :) Brilliant.

The cream of Brit comedy acting in that one.

Video tape to be precise.

The Virgin Soldiers

Lots of famous faces from later TV..

Hywell Bennett, James Cosmo, Michael Gwynn, Graham Crowden, Geoffrey Hughes, Jack Shepherd, Warren Clarke, Wayne Sleep, Christopher Timothy amongst many others.

I'm sure I saw Roger Lloyd Pack too although I never spotted David Bowie.

Another Video to be precise.

Gormenghast from 2000. Such an incredible cast and a fantastic series. Sykes, Milligan, Warren Mitchell, June Brown, (overweight) Celia Imrie, Zoe Wannamaker and Lynsey Baxter, John Sessions, Richard Griffiths, Christopher Lee, Ian Richardson, Sean Hughes - incredible. And well produced. I'm sure this was a great influence on Terry Pratchett.

I've returned to my DVD collection and recently bought Rob Brydon's Annually Retentive and Directors Commentary from MusicMagpie, although the first one didn't work and they're sending me a replacement (Great customer service).

I was also dipping into The Peter Seranifowizh Show (sp - soz, I am an insominic.) which is still very fresh.

Having exhausted all the Alfred Hitchcock Presents TV series DVDs my wife and I have also fond memories of the original late 1950s Twilight Zone, so to celebrate our wedding anniversary she has OK'd me spending £50 on the box set of 28 discs totalling some 77 hours of TV.

You could say our TV viewing is sort of taken care of for the foreseeable future :D ..........................that is IF we both make it to the end of disc No. 28 without binge watching. :(

AND it's amazing how many famous people cut their teeth on this ground-breaking TV series.

Green Wing

F**kin nuts...

Actually re-watching the entire Game of Thrones before season 8 starts! At Season 4 right now, so should be able to complete it all in time :D That's if i do roughly 1 episode a day I guess?

I've never seen a single episode.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th March 2019, 5:11 PM

I've never seen a single episode.

Ditto

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th March 2019, 11:49 PM

Ditto

Ditto