Aww, shoot. Let's bang on about guns. Try to stay on target. Page 15

Quote: Chappers @ 9th April 2018, 10:20 PM

Not in England there aren't. There is NO good reason. I've been at the end of a blade painted black so that it doesn't shine in the dark.

Obviously the answer is that you should have been carrying a gun to defend yourself!!! Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Briosaid @ 9th April 2018, 9:02 PM

Frankly if I felt I needed the 'right' to carry a blade, I'd be asking my GP to refer me for psychiatric help.

There are many reasons to carry a pocket knife, and there's a reason that humans have carried pieces of sharpened stone and steel for tens of thousands of years: they make handy tools. I use my knife every day to open packages, cut pieces of string and peel fruit. Knives are the simplest of tools and only the simplest of politicians would ban them because of the actions of a few criminal simpletons. Sure, it'll look like they're "doing something" but it won't do anything to make people safer.

Whether you consider it a right or not, there are actually very few things that a government should forbid people to do, and almost every one of them pertains to harming other people. Carrying a pocket knife is not an action that harms anyone.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 9th April 2018, 10:37 PM

It's the proliferation of guns in the USA that makes them think they have to go around armed to protect themselves.It's a vicious circle.

Never bring a knife to a gunfight. ;)

People carry knives because they're handy tools. Once the knife ban doesn't work I guess you'll be looking at scissor bans and screwdriver bans. You cannot legislate criminals into compliance with the law.

Strange that there's been no debate about guns for nearly three years Errr

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 19th February 2021, 6:58 PM

Strange that there's been no debate about guns for nearly three years Errr

Even stranger that no-one's had anything to say about guns now for over five years. You'd have thought someone would have done.

I owned a gun once

I used to shoot 'spuds' at my mates with it

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd April 2023, 5:15 PM

Even stranger that no-one's had anything to say about guns now for over five years. You'd have thought someone would have done.

I'll try my best not to shoot the messenger. ;)

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd April 2023, 6:38 PM

I owned a gun once

I used to shoot 'spuds' at my mates with it