The all in one consolidatory darts thread

I just bought a new board for the shed
Anyone else like to play the arrows?

INSERT STANDARD GAMES OF THRONES JOKE

I love darts! I had an electronic (yes, I know, not the real thing) board in my flat. I must have driven my neighbours nuts with all that noise. I have stopped playing after a year or so because I didn't want them to strangle me. I still like playing darts in pubs...anyway, it's even more fun when you're a little bit drunk.

I can't believe there aren't more dart-based injuries in pubs.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 26th June 2016, 9:43 PM BST

I love darts! I had an electronic (yes, I know, not the real thing) board in my flat. I must have driven my neighbours nuts with all that noise. I have stopped playing after a year or so because I didn't want them to strangle me. I still like playing darts in pubs...anyway, it's even more fun when you're a little bit drunk.

I remember those ones
When I was working in Austria we played on them
Weird if you ask me, but quite fun

I've been playing a bit each day
& I'm almost getting better

Oh I'm much better now
when I go for the treble 20 it never falls out of the 5 & 1 zone

I too like a game of arrers, but now I am a regular at the newly opened BCG bar I notice there is not a dart board up.

Just heard that Eric Bristow has died at the age of 60.

Treble twenty!

A 16-year-old lad, Luke Littler, is running away with the PDC world championship competition.
Last night he beat Barney Barneveld 4 sets to 1 to get to the quarter finals.

He's just 16 (he looks older - but is) and when he wins, the crowd chants 'You've got school in the morning

Good luck to Luke I hope he wins.

I've been reading about Scott Williams and his comments about Germany. He seems to be quickly making himself unpopular. All his supporters are calling anyone offended by his comments 'snowflakes' completely missing the point that just mentioning Germany and WWII in that context is crass and disrespectful to everyone on both sides. I don't think people like Scott Williams will ever understand the 'both sides' part. I'd love an interviewer to ask him what dates WWII started and ended. Something simple everyone should know from school but I get the impression he would struggle.

MVG v LL is the dream final.

Interesting comment he made after the win - 13 years ago I was doing his celebration throwing on my little dartboard. His parents might get a call from the social services, a three year old with darts!

Good as Fat Lad is, he hasn't played anyone decent yet (70 year old Barney doesn't count). Cross wins semi, IMO.