Last Laugh In Vegas

Couldn't see a thread for this. Anyone else watching? I went in with trepidation, thought it might be a load of egocentric hogwash. As it turned out, I rather enjoyed it. Jess Conrad is an utter pillock but otherwise the rest of them are great value. I liked Cannon and Ball especially and it's nice to see Mick Miller back on telly, of the 'old guard' of comics he's got to be somewhere near the top. I rewatched his 'Noddy' gag on YouTube the other day, still funny!

I thought Jess Conrad was just being what he thought was subtle.
I felt sorry for Crush a bit. A shining example of having your youth stolen by being in the 'biz
Bernie Clinton still flogging his party hire costume....

But I detested the American organiser. How can you trust a guy, plastic surgeoned to the hilt, full mashings of botox and ridiculous hair. And underneath all the fakery, a nasty sod.

Damn it! I've been waiting for it to start and then compltely forget about it. I saw a feature on some morning TV show and it looked promising. Will have to catch up because it looks like it could be as enjoyable as Reborn In the USA from 2003 was.

Cannon and Ball are still funny.
Especially Tommy telling Jess Conrad he'd kick his teeth in (with a doubt whether he was joking or not) and Tommy is nearly 80.
If you expected that this would be an oldies 'remember when' trip, it's not. They are a fractious bunch.

An "oldies remember when" is a bit unlikely.

Really, really enjoying this. Cannon and Ball are such good value. It's a shame Jess Conrad has to be such an complete and utter tit, but apart from him everybody comes across well. I definitely want to see Mick Miller live after this, if he;s still gigging, he seems like a decent bloke.

I met Mick Miller once, many years ago.
We were staying at The Queens Hotel, Blackpool and all the stars that were on at various venues, congregated in one of the Queens bars after their shows.
It was a who's who of popular celebrities at that time in the bar. (Even Chubby Brown was there)

He took a shine to my wife and gave her all his 'chat up' comedy lines.
It was just good fun though - and he was a really nice bloke.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th April 2018, 10:20 AM

I met Mick Miller once, many years ago.
We were staying at The Queens Hotel, Blackpool and all the stars that were on at various venues, congregated in one of the Queens bars after their shows.
It was a who's who of popular celebrities at that time in the bar. (Even Chubby Brown was there)

He took a shine to my wife and gave her all his 'chat up' comedy lines.
It was just good fun though - and he was a really nice bloke.

That's good to know, he certainly seems like the most down to earth one amongst the lot of them. I watched The Comedians reunion live DVD the other day and I thought he was by far the funniest. I don;t have anything against old school comics, I think it has its place, but I think he's managed to battle through and stay, if not relevant, at least at the top of his style of comedy.

Ball is at least Earth shaped?

I like the show, despite the producer's Michael Jackson style wig.

Still liking this. I had no idea they were broadcasting the full show, albeit on ITV3, looking forward to it!

Did anyone else catch the full show last night? I enjoyed it a lot. Mick Miller was on great form, as were Cannon and Ball. Wasn't so keen on Bobby Crush or Conrad, but everyone else performed very well. Bernie Clifton surprised me the most, what a voice (and so nice to see that smug, know it all Frank Marino be proved spectacularly wrong about the ostrich!)

I'm glad Cannon and Ball stuck to their 'tried and tested' rather than trying to Americanise it.
Bobby lighting a lighter because he's in the dark is always going to be funny.
In the old days, Bobby fell asleep and Tommy carried him off in his arms.
But at pushing 80, he's not up to that anymore.

Mick Miller was excellent.

Just watched the first episode on YouTube - brilliant! Touching, too. I was a bit thrown seeing Michael Jackson, but came to terms with it.