Things that piss you off Page 1,728

Rats must talk to each other, they really must.
I used to get rats in my loft every autumn/winter.
They would stomp about on the ceiling and make nests in the insulation.
It's very disturbing to hear them scurrying about at 02:00 am

I don't like poisoning them. It plays on my mind how they might be suffering and leaving young ones to starve.

So four years ago I had an idea. I borrowed my daughters cat.
I put her in the loft (with food and water of course) and left her there for the day.

The rats left and have never come back. Coincidence maybe... I like to think they somehow told other rats 'don't go there, they have a huge cat' :)

And what happened to your caring streak re the baby rats once the elders had legged it? You cruel bastard. Pleased

The cat et em

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th September 2017, 8:56 AM

I used to get rats in my loft every autumn/winter.

No, no! Is hamster...

There's this hilarious ex-pat page, 'Three things in Rome that irritate me!!!!!' I wrote, 'Political corruption, priests molesting minors, companies that disappear without paying employees for six months.' F**k you and your disaster date stories.

Those bloody Andrex adverts. Not the cute cuddly dogs. Those stupid kids who say "My arse is as clean as Octopus" or "my arse is as clean as "A hippo with tooth floss."

They are f**king annoying and those kids should be put in care.

Censorship in comedy as just far too much in the current climate

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd April 2018, 10:55 PM

Those bloody Andrex adverts. Not the cute cuddly dogs. Those stupid kids who say "My arse is as clean as Octopus" or "my arse is as clean as "A hippo with tooth floss."

They are f**king annoying and those kids should be put in care.

I concur with the f**king annoying motif because I've also been getting annoyed by those adverts. The squid one is bad enough but the boy who says as clean as a man called David needs a good Basil Fawlty style elbow to the head. It must be cunningly marketed to kids so when they see the brand in the bog roll aisle they want to buy it.

It's also very expensive and I do just fine with co-op or Aldi stuff.

Worse than that is the Vipoo ad which makes me want to puke on the carpet. SickSickSick;)

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 3rd April 2018, 11:16 PM

I concur with the f**king annoying motif because I've also been getting annoyed by those adverts. The squid one is bad enough but the boy who says as clean as a man called David needs a good Basil Fawlty style elbow to the head. It must be cunningly marketed to kids so when they see the brand in the bog roll aisle they want to buy it.

It's also very expensive and I do just fine with co-op or Aldi stuff.

Yes, long live Aldi!!!

Quote: Briosaid @ 3rd April 2018, 11:32 PM

Worse than that is the Vipoo ad which makes me want to puke on the carpet. SickSickSick;)

Yes, long live Aldi!!!

I had a pack of six that just run out and I can't even remember when I bought it :D Around early January I think.

Nothing is pissing me off now. First time in 40+ years. :)

I think death must be close by.. (hopefully not that close by.. I have 5 library books out..)

It was recently suggested to me by an acquaintance that I'm might be '..ready for my box..' ..he is dead now, heart attack.

Ashes to ashes..

Was it Butch?

1. Starting the answer to a question with the word "so..."

2. Incorrect use of the word "colleague" in shops when they really mean "members of staff" (eg a "colleagues only" sign on a door or an "if the alarm rings please speak to a colleague" sign).

3. Increasing examples of the tautological use of the word "potentially" by tv & radio presenters (eg "in hospital with potentially life threatening injuries", "within 6 points of the leaders so could still catch them potentially", "This could be the warmest day of the year potentially")

Italians bastardising English: 'Il performance dello management raggiunge lo target col staff del team con loro problem-solving...' What a fiasco.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th April 2018, 12:04 PM

1. Starting the answer to a question with the word "so..."

2. Incorrect use of the word "colleague" in shops when they really mean "members of staff" (eg a "colleagues only" sign on a door or an "if the alarm rings please speak to a colleague" sign).

3. Increasing examples of the tautological use of the word "potentially" by tv & radio presenters (eg "in hospital with potentially life threatening injuries", "within 6 points of the leaders so could still catch them potentially", "This could be the warmest day of the year potentially")

I agree. They're lazy bastards who should be lynched for not being able to speak English, and lynched alongside the idiot teachers who failed them.
NOTE: I'm feeling extreme tonight.