You Rang, M'Lord? Page 4

I thought it was a load of crap.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th August 2015, 9:59 PM BST

I've become a bit of a Croft & Lloyd/Perry fan so I have to look out for a new drug. 'Allo Allo' maybe?

Ohhhhhhh yes. For my money 'Allo 'Allo! is the best of the lot.

Definitely.

It's the only one I can actually watch.

What do you actually do with the rest, then? :(

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 6th August 2015, 7:01 AM BST

What do you actually do with the rest, then? :(

Ignore them. Apart from Dad's Army.

One thing I like about Croft's sitcoms is that you always see familiar faces from his other shows, even in small cameos. I just realised that Miss Poppy's friend is played by John D. Collins, I didn't recognise him at first.

Collins was also in Secret Army, which 'Allo 'Allo! parodied.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 6th August 2015, 7:59 PM BST

I just realised that Miss Poppy's friend is played by John D. Collins, I didn't recognise him at first.

Jerry.

By the way was his English accent better in Allo Allo or Secret Army ?

Repeats of You Rang M'Lord? are starting on Drama from Tuesday in the 4pm slot. I know they haven't been repeated in years. Surprisingly, Gold are also starting a repeat run of the series from the week after. I dare say, the episodes will be edited slightly to fit into the 60 minute slots.

I thought it was quite average.
I like Hewlett and Knowles though.
They should have done more together other than It Ain't Half Hot Mum.
They reminded me of Guyler and Murdoch and perhaps Radford and Wayne.

I've only watched the first series so far and it's excellent. The characters, the acting, the storyline is brilliant. It is a true gem in British comedy, I cannot believe I didn't discover this before. It is superb, and brilliant. Easily the best out of the Croft, Perry, Lloyd sitcoms. Wonderful. Twelvetrees is my favourite character, he is just so fascinating and a bit of a pompous snob.

Quote: Wheel @ 3rd March 2019, 11:06 AM

It is a true gem in British Comedy,

You've clearly led a sheltered life as far as comedy is concerned. I think I stuck at a couple of episodes some years ago and that was enough for me - very average.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd March 2019, 11:12 AM

You've clearly led a sheltered life as far as comedy is concerned. I think I stuck at a couple of episodes some years ago and that was enough for me - very average.

Well for me it's a whole lot better than things like Father Ted, and Dad's Army. They're both completely average. But comedy is subjective though.

One thing I really like is the 50 minute format, it really works, for this because it gives the storyline more chance to develop and evolve.

Quote: Wheel @ 3rd March 2019, 11:21 AM

Well for me it's a whole lot better than things like Father Ted, and Dad's Army. They're both completely average.

:O This is a rallying call to all the Father Ted and Dad's Army fans on this site!

Quote: Wheel @ 3rd March 2019, 11:21 AM

it's a whole lot better than things like Father Ted, and Dad's Army. They're both completely average. But comedy is subjective though.

Comedy is subjective but it's not that effing subjective! :O