Please become a BCG Supporter Page 2

You have probably looked at this as well -

Ticketmaster (the comedy bit), https://guides.ticketmaster.co.uk/comedy-guide/ would make a good headline sponsor for the site - with the potential to integrate performer/tour/ticket information?

Happy to become a supporter and look forward to receiving my badge which I will wear every day of my life to every possible occasion and will do selfies showing my badge in all it's glory in all the wonderful high octane places I go (petrol stations mostly..)

One thing though, I do hope you won't be shutting down the forums anytime soon as this is my only social activity except for ... well, that's my business... ;)

Cheers, BCG, always a pleasure, never a chore!

:)

Do people really care about not having adverts?
And we all know the people who donate get the key to the clique...

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 29th March 2018, 5:12 PM

And we all know the people who donate get the key to the clique...

That's why I've donated. I want to be able to be in the clique and sneer, I shall revel in it and relish it. I've always been an outsider until now, but as of toady (no spelling error) now my feet are well and truly under the table.
signed
smug from Fulham, well we're all smug in Fulham 'cos we got loadsa wonga!!! :)

One of the reasons why I donated was because the banner at the top of the page would be removed. I've been having intermittent problems where my CPU gets maxed out because of the banner advert and there is a constant 'TLSHANDSHAKE' notification in my browser activity window. It doesn't happen all the time but since donating and getting rid of that banner it's been bliss. My CPU doesn't go bonkers anymore. I even run malwarebytes recently but surprisingly it didn't detect anything.

My advice to someone considering becoming a supporter of BCG is 'don't delay, do it today' or 'why not give it a shot' or 'balls to it I don't give a shit'. Maybe there could be a charity BCG football match strictly for members only. Or badminton, I'm good at that.

What do you think this is? A health club?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 31st March 2018, 4:51 PM

What do you think this is? A health club?

Ah good point! Better make it Charades :)

I hadn't noticed the payments section in my account settings which shows payments made and receipts. Very nice :) I've also noticed my invoice address is viewable and I know it's on a secure page but is there a way I can remove that? Could I just delete the address and save?

I've been meaning to ask for a while why the whole website is on https instead of http? I would have thought it's more expensive to host it like that so is there any operational reasons for everything to be on a secure server?

No, there's no additional cost for running the whole site securely: it would be far more of a pain to split it, in fact. Additionally, search engines like Google give preference to secure sites, and it's simply best practice.

Your invoice address is required for tax and accounting purposes and cannot be removed, sorry! Any reason you'd like to do so?

I've just donated my £10. Always happy to help keep this site going, Aaron and Mark both do a smashing job of giving us top notch British Comedy info.

When am I expected to receive my badge?

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far! We'll be sending a newsletter to you in the next hour or so, detailing how we're already putting those funds to use :-)

Quote: G180e @ 1st April 2018, 3:35 PM

When am I expected to receive my badge?

I think the post office probably has a day off tomorrow, but it's on its way!

(I did spot Frankie's promise he'd be wearing his every day for the rest of his life... trying to think how we could spot check that, ha ha.)

Quote: Aaron @ 1st April 2018, 12:37 AM

No, there's no additional cost for running the whole site securely: it would be far more of a pain to split it, in fact. Additionally, search engines like Google give preference to secure sites, and it's simply best practice.

Your invoice address is required for tax and accounting purposes and cannot be removed, sorry! Any reason you'd like to do so?

Cheers for the info Aaron and that's surprising but then that shows how little I know about website hosting :D

No reason for not wanting my address details listed and it's not an issue especially as the site is secure. My password is weak so I'll just make that a bit stronger.

Will probably start making donations soon, particularly to see more press clippings etc. Maybe an option to submit things that aren't on the site yet.

Quote: behminztur @ 2nd April 2018, 8:51 PM

Will probably start making donations soon, particularly to see more press clippings etc. Maybe an option to submit things that aren't on the site yet.

Thank you Behminztur! Supporters get a super-whizzy press search tool too, featuring 60,000 links. Over 10 years of solid day-by-day articles to search. For example, 10 years ago the press were asking if new ITV show Headcases was the new Spitting Image (we now know the answer is: "er, no") and whether new Ade Edmondson sitcom Teenager Kicks would get a second series (again: "no").

(We aim to be 100% comprehensive, so even if you don't donate, if you know of a link about a British show we've not included, do email us and we'll add it!)

Happy to become a supporter, but i really don't like the huge SUPPORTER banner. Is there a more discrete version? Or could a simple word supporter be added next to the avatar?

Any chance of allowing a short 'signature' as a supporter benefit?

Also noticed supporters names, post count and location have disappeared?

Quote: playfull @ 2nd April 2018, 10:02 PM

Happy to become a supporter, but i really don't like the huge SUPPORTER banner. Is there a more discrete version? Or could a simple word supporter be added next to the avatar? Any chance of allowing a short 'signature' as a supporter benefit?

Fair enough! We'd happily do something custom for you :-)

Quote: playfull @ 2nd April 2018, 10:02 PM

Also noticed supporters names, post count and location have disappeared?

Er... I'm still seeing these? If you're not, there's a display bug though and something we do need to fix! Can you let us know what device/browser, so we can test? (Possible you're also seeing the icon bigger than intended therefore, which might answer some of the above!)