What are you watching on TV? Page 2,122

That's too simplistic. Why would you assume that women will vote for women irrespective of party? If I lived in Theresa May's constituency, I'd vote for the devil rather than her. Do you really think women are so thick that they'd only vote for a female rather look at policies?

More of 'Ripping Yarns'.

Quote: DaButt @ 23rd March 2018, 2:49 PM

I Just finished watching it and learned that there's such a thing as all-women shortlists in UK politics. How bizarre. Women make up slightly more than half of the population, so if there aren't enough female politicians it's because not enough women vote for them.

There isn't but a woman in politics has suggested it. I don't want to say too much about her though because I'll be slagged off for all sorts of reasons.

Quote: Briosaid @ 23rd March 2018, 8:31 PM

That's too simplistic. Why would you assume that women will vote for women irrespective of party? If I lived in Theresa May's constituency, I'd vote for the devil rather than her.

Do you really think that she is terrible and the worst in her Party? I think she is a genuinely caring person but she doesn't always necessarily make the right decisions. At least she ain't a bloody hypocrite like Corbyn. (Or a wee Sturgeon!)

Quote: Chappers @ 25th March 2018, 5:43 PM

There isn't but a woman in politics has suggested it.

Are you sure? They spoke about it as if they were real and I found this Wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-women_shortlist

Quote: DaButt @ 25th March 2018, 5:55 PM

Are you sure? They spoke about it as if they were real and I found this Wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-women_shortlist

Well that's Labour and the Liberals for you.

I just wish that there was a viable opposition. Then maybe things wouldn't get screwed up in this country.

The reaction to the poisioning incident has been an overeaction and for Boris Johnson to publicly compare Putin to Hitler intent on using the World Cup for propaganda is outrageous. The poisioning is very serious and a lot of people were caught up in it so it was either Russia being sloppy which is unusual or it fell in to someone elses hands or even it's an attempt to make it look like Russia to affect relations which is certainly what has happened. The way the PM has responded to it has been like a school teacher. I saw a BBC journalist managing to get a few seconds with Putin when he was an agricultural event somewhere in Russia and probing him about the poisioning which didn't get a reaction. The BBC probably got entry there under false pretences and then a BBC nobody desperate for an exclusive tries to interrogate one of the worlds most powerful men. He's lucky he wasn't detained.

As for what I'm watching on TV not much recently because my arial is playing up. Watched Tipping Point and The Chase last night and some of Sunday Brunch this morning but apart from that it's all DVDs.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th March 2018, 5:43 PM

There isn't but a woman in politics has suggested it. I don't want to say too much about her though because I'll be slagged off for all sorts of reasons.

Do you really think that she is terrible and the worst in her Party? I think she is a genuinely caring person but she doesn't always necessarily make the right decisions. At least she ain't a bloody hypocrite like Corbyn. (Or a wee Sturgeon!)

Yes, I think she's Satan's daughter. It almost makes me physically sick when she goes on about being a Christian but punishes the poor while she lives the life of Reilly with all her wealth. Every so often we have the food bank workers looking for donations in Morrison's ( No doubt you do too) and I truly go round the shop fighting back tears when I look for stuff to donate, while that bitch makes things worse for them and never suffers a whit. No, she's not worst in her party but they're all tarred with the same gold encrusted brush. My father was always in work but poorly paid, and I remember too well how it was to be poor so I loathe pampered Tory bastards with a vengeance. Don't start me on Rees Mogg!
P.S.. My blood pressure has just soared.

At least Jacob Rees-Mogg is living in the real world.Angelic

Aye, right!

Marcella. Keith Allen really is a nasty bastard. And so is his character.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th March 2018, 9:46 PM

Marcella. Keith Allen really is a nasty bastard. And so is his character.

He wasn't very popular among the Comic Strip team who saw him as someone who would latch on to them for parts in the episodes and then take the piss out of them during his own standup routines. I've never found him very funny but not bad as a drama actor. He put up a big anti-tory banner on his nightclub in Stroud and became a bit of a laughing stock over it from the local folk. It just so happened to be when the club was being refurbished and like everything he does it stank of nothing more than trying to drum up publicity. I lived there and the town is tiny so it wasn't worth the effort considering how few people would see it. If he was serious he would have used his wealth to do something more substantial.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4558082/Lily-Allen-s-dad-Keith-covers-nightclub-anti-Tory-rant.html

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 26th March 2018, 10:18 PM

He wasn't very popular among the Comic Strip team who saw him as someone who would latch on to them for parts in the episodes and then take the piss out of them during his own standup routines. I've never found him very funny but not bad as a drama actor. He put up a big anti-tory banner on his nightclub in Stroud and became a bit of a laughing stock over it from the local folk. It just so happened to be when the club was being refurbished and like everything he does it stank of nothing more than trying to drum up publicity. I lived there and the town is tiny so it wasn't worth the effort considering how few people would see it. If he was serious he would have used his wealth to do something more substantial.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4558082/Lily-Allen-s-dad-Keith-covers-nightclub-anti-Tory-rant.html

I picked up his autobiography on the cheap, and found it pretty entertaining. I saw him once do stand-up as a compere for a benefit gig for the miners in Deptford, with Test Department headlining. They were Britain's answer to Einstürzende Neubauten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls5ff7B-JUk

Quote: George Kaplan @ 26th March 2018, 11:08 PM

I picked up his autobiography on the cheap, and found it pretty entertaining. I saw him once do stand-up as a compere for a benefit gig for the miners in Deptford, with Test Department headlining. They were Britain's answer to Einstürzende Neubauten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls5ff7B-JUk

That's hardcore and I bet it sounds great mixed with Faithless - Insomnia. I've always been fascinated by beats and rhythms so find this kind of music addictive. I'm a 'tapper' much to my families annoyance :D

Did Allen's book make any references to Comic Strip or any credentials to backup his hardman image? During a brief stint I worked at Stroud District Council he was in the waiting room with his daughter to see a housing officer and I was walking towards him on my way to the canteen. There was this awkward moment that he was looking at me thinking I was coming to greet him but I just walked straight past him. I felt quite smug :D

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 26th March 2018, 11:29 PM

Did Allen's book make any references to Comic Strip or any credentials to backup his hardman image? During a brief stint I worked at Stroud District Council he was in the waiting room with his daughter to see a housing officer and I was walking towards him on my way to the canteen. There was this awkward moment that he was looking at me thinking I was coming to greet him but I just walked straight past him. I felt quite smug :D

He talks about going to borstal when he was 15, and there's revealing stuff about his relationship with his dad. He comes across pretty well.

'Whisky Galore 2016. Thank goodness the accents are real so far.