A Hard Day's Night Page 3

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 16th March 2018, 8:48 AM

The lads can't act for toffee but it doesn't matter ultimately, they're the friggin Beatles! OK maybe that's a tad harsh, what I mean is that Ringo tries his best but is the weak link

Ringo's the one who went on to have some sort of acting career after the split. He's very good in That'll Be The Day. I always thought Lennon and McCartney were so vain in front of the camera, they always seem to be looking round for it.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 18th March 2018, 5:59 PM

Fact: The TV movie Magical Mystery Tour is probably the only thing the Beatlers did together to receive bad reviews, as opposed to postivec or at least lukewarm.

I love a "fact" that incorporates the word "probably" :)

Slightly off the subject, but has anyone seen Steve Coogan's uncanny imitation of Wilfred Bramble?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th March 2018, 7:35 PM

I love a "fact" that incorporates the word "probably" :)

Definitely, maybe.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 18th March 2018, 7:08 PM

Ringo's the one who went on to have some sort of acting career after the split.

They were just trying to keep him out of the recording studio.

Really George was the weak link when it came to acting. I don't think he ever really enjoyed the spotlight much at all.

Lennon kept taking the piss and in this kind of film it doesn't matter.

Due to their megalithic status I think any criticism of any of The Beatles is a bit like saying that Leonardo Da Vinci got the odd brush stroke out of place. Yeah, right, well spotted! :)

Yeah, it's like criticising the Spice Girls. You just don't.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th March 2018, 8:38 PM

I don't think he ever really enjoyed the spotlight much at all.

I was flicking through a bio and yes, in his private letters he keeps moaning about the pressures of money and women. Give them to me then, you ungrateful sod.
A lot of George's later LPs (before Cloud Nine) hardly sold, cos he didn't like the publicity. Paradoxically in the ealy 70s he was probably the best solo Beatle cos he was still developing and had lots of songs John and Paul had stifled.

Of course. His first solo release was a triple album - and consequently out of my price range.

I still have never heard it.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th March 2018, 9:29 PM

Of course. His first solo release was a triple album - and consequently out of my price range.

I still have never heard it.

I'm sure you will eventually. All things must pass...

The Fab Three and Ringo.

Quote: beaky @ 18th March 2018, 7:54 PM

Slightly off the subject, but has anyone seen Steve Coogan's uncanny imitation of Wilfred Bramble?

Briefly on The Trip, but he mostly did Harry H Corbett on that.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 20th March 2018, 10:25 PM

I'm sure you will eventually. All things must pass...

Laughing out loud

Sweet Lord...

I switched it off, but I don't really wanna stop the show.

That's Lennon/McCartney.