Everyone loves Only Fools and Horses. Right? Page 4

Laughing out loud

True. :)

There were some very good episodes but some I didn't rate at all even before the later years. Apart from Go West Young Man, I think the first series is pretty poor.

I didn't love it at all but it was OK.Grandad had all the best lines in the early series and when the dreadful Uncle Albert appeared I bailed.

OFAH will never be anything more than a poor man's Minder.

No comment.

I don't like it either, although I'm not exactly sure why.

Never understood what all the fuss was about, and I know I've said this before, but I used to live in Hemel, which was full of London overspill and a lot of them were "all mouth and no trousers Del Boys". Total wasters.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 9th March 2018, 2:31 AM

I didn't love it at all but it was OK.Grandad had all the best lines in the early series and when the dreadful Uncle Albert appeared I bailed.

WTF.

Quote: beaky @ 10th March 2018, 1:06 PM

I don't like it either, although I'm not exactly sure why.

Because you don't like it.

Quote: Kenneth @ 9th March 2018, 2:38 AM

LOL

Get out.

The acting and characters are superb and coupled with superb writing it's a show I treasure. It's never been something I can watch during the day though and it's always at night when I fancy watching an OFAH DVD. The one with Grandad's funeral where they meet Uncle Albert for the first time and the one where Rodney goes in to hiding after the unfortunate encounter with Blossom are two favourites. I also like Time On Our Hands because they finally got what everyone wanted.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 10th March 2018, 4:48 PM

The acting and characters are superb and coupled with superb writing it's a show I treasure. It's never been something I can watch during the day though and it's always at night when I fancy watching an OFAH DVD. The one with Grandad's funeral where they meet Uncle Albert for the first time and the one where Rodney goes in to hiding after the unfortunate encounter with Blossom are two favourites. I also like Time On Our Hands because they finally got what everyone wanted.

Very weird you should say it is something you can only watch at night - as I kind of feel the same. I tend to watch OFAH on a Friday/Sat and Sunday - night or day. And even then it's usually one of the specials or series 6 or 7.

Any other time of the week, it would usually be one of the earlier series.

It must be some weird OCD within us.

E.G Watching Jolly Boy's Outing sits perfectly as a Saturday late morning viewing. Or Yuppy Love as a Friday night viewing.

I'm weird, I know.

Quote: Kenneth @ 9th March 2018, 2:38 AM

I used to watch both at the time and of course was aware of the similarities. However OFAH was out and out sitcom whereas Minder was always much cleverer, realistic and believable.

The change to 50 minutes did change the dynamic significantly, but some of the best episodes and moments are in the two longer series... The blowup dolls, Yuppy Love, Rodney in the Groovy Gang... Series 6 is arguably as good as it gets, culminating in the excellent Jolly Boys Outing.

Miami Twice felt a bit out of sorts, and of course the majority of the final trilogy was below par (but with a few moments of gold in there), but generally it adapted well to the massive change to introduce the female characters.

As for not dragging it out and finishing while at the top (like Fawlty Towers or Phoenix Nights), there was always a constant public demand for more specials, even after the excellent finish in 1996... It wasn't just trying to milk every last drop out of it, that was Green Grass...

Stage Fright is my fav. Tony Angelino singing Cwying and pulling out a sausage from his pants which Del hands to Rodney is priceless. Always a big laugh.

Quote: Seefacts @ 17th May 2009, 4:05 PM

It can be, but like with Friends, I overlook it because there's lots of great stuff in there.

it may be 9 years old, but i cannot pass by without chastising you for this comment
there are almost infinite reasons why this is wrong
please report to your nearest comedy re-education centre where you will be given 24 hour comedy coverage, good and bad, to help you move beyond this obscene opinion
should Stage 4 Intervention fail, I must warn you we remove gonads before releasing patients. Not just for the future of humanity, but for my own sadistic pleasures

Quote: Bill Poster @ 9th March 2018, 2:31 AM

'Dreadful'? If you can't laugh at the silliniess and the loving of Uncle Albert then boy, you have a heart of stone.