Not Going Out - Series 9 Page 6

I haven't seen the second episode of series nine yet, but the first was really enjoyable. The only thing to irk me was the very fake-looking CGI of Geoffrey's lawn catching fire.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 16th March 2018, 12:04 PM

Another good episode last night, I liked that it was a single room mystery, Not Going Out's Joonathan Creek. I do wish though that occasionally we could see Lee and Lucy actually being nice to each other and acting the happy couple, the constant barbs are wearing (come to that, why is Toby with Anna?)

The happy couple? Marriage isn't like that. Have you ever been married?

Quote: John M @ 16th March 2018, 11:57 PM

I haven't seen the second episode of series nine yet, but the first was really enjoyable. The only thing to irk me was the very fake-looking CGI of Geoffrey's lawn catching fire.

Does it really matter? They're not going to set a lawn on fire are they? Haven't you heard of elf'n'safety?

Quote: John M @ 16th March 2018, 11:57 PM

Yes I noticed this too but it doesn't detract away any of the comedy, it was still a good episode. Episode 2 was also good this week, I've always enjoyed sitcom episodes where the character/s are stuck in one room for the whole 30 minutes. I mean it's a credit to Lee Mack really for being able to come up with so many jokes when the characters are all stuck in one room together.

Apparently the episode had an average of about 5 jokes per minute in Escape Room so that's like 135 jokes in the episode. It's crazy how they write in so many jokes in one episode. Such a good show!

I think they should do an episode where Tim comes back and has bought the flat again, and is looking for a new lodger, but Lee and Lucy try to convince him to stay living there as they've missed him. Then in the end he moves back out again. As I can't see him staying in it regularly any more, as there wouldn't really be a need for him or Daisy as there's now Toby and Anna. But I could imagine he might still come back for a one off.

I feel like, as much as I would love for Tim to come back, it would detract from the actual show as i feel like they've done 4 series now without Tim, and yes the wedding was an exception as it was more of a reminiscent episode and it was a special. I just feel that maybe there will be a new audience now who maybe don't know who Tim is as it's been such a long time. Although they are thinking about bringing Daisy back for the special this year (or next year Lee hadn't decided).

Quote: MarieJade @ 19th March 2018, 8:20 AM

I feel like, as much as I would love for Tim to come back, it would detract from the actual show as i feel like they've done 4 series now without Tim, and yes the wedding was an exception as it was more of a reminiscent episode and it was a special. I just feel that maybe there will be a new audience now who maybe don't know who Tim is as it's been such a long time. Although they are thinking about bringing Daisy back for the special this year (or next year Lee hadn't decided).

Yeah I suppose. Where did you hear she might be coming back? Would be good to see Daisy back!

Lee said at one of the recordings that he's thinking of bringing her back for the special

Quote: MarieJade @ 19th March 2018, 12:10 PM

Lee said at one of the recordings that he's thinking of bringing her back for the special

Oh ok cool

I'm quite lucky because I didn't really watch this so now I do, I have loads of episodes to catch up with.

Not Going Out's the sitcom Ken Dodd would have made if he had enough jokes.

Thursday's episode (Episode 3) was bad, the plot was so silly. Shame because there were some funny jokes and the first two episodes have been amazing.

It was very silly but looking back at other episodes, aren't they all a bit like that. Nevertheless, it still made my friends (who don't particularly like the show) laugh a lot so it depends on you I guess.

They're all silly. That's the whole point. They're not real you know. Lee and Lucy aren't actually married in real life.

Last night's was the weakest of the series so far. A plot about a pet/pet shop isn't exactly inspired. Still as always some nice gags. I did wonder why Lee didn't send Toby in to get the rat but that's just Lee I suppose!

I feel like with Not Going Out it is very hit and miss and that's been my opinion for all the series not just the new format.One episode can seem really weak and predictable whereas others are comedy gold.It's all subjective