Hold The Sunset - Series 1 Page 3

Quote: G180e @ 25th February 2018, 8:06 PM

Another gentle episode with some cracking scenes, the scene with Peter Egan was a particular stand out moment again.

Speaking of location, where was the series filmed?

My guess is Kingston upon Thames? Location is certainly a leafy - and I would imagine - expensive suburb!

Looked like Richmond Bridge:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Richmond_Bridge_arches.JPG

And the number 33 London Transport bus about 15 minutes into tonight's episode goes from Fulwell Station to Hammersmith Bus Station via Teddington, Richmond & Barnes.

I tried again last week with the third episode, I find myself trying to laugh at it but I just can't. I've given up on it which is a shame as it's got such a wonderful cast, the script just isn't sharp enough, is it?

Quote: G180e @ 11th March 2018, 4:26 PM

I tried again last week with the third episode, I find myself trying to laugh at it but I just can't. I've given up on it which is a shame as it's got such a wonderful cast, the script just isn't sharp enough, is it?

I agree.

Quote: G180e @ 11th March 2018, 4:26 PM

This.

I am going disagree with the rest of the world on this one.

There were for me several laugh out loud moments in episodes 3 and 4.

I like the writing and the acting very much.

And I want a second series.

So there.

But it's been a learning experience for me.

I can after all be the only person who is right when everyone else is just plain wrong. :)

I enjoyed parts of it but the finale where they just laughed really pissed me off. Cleese looked so insincere,

I gave a longish review earlier in this topic after episodes 1 and 2.

I started to watch episode 3 but when the vacuum cleaner fell down the stairs and crashed in to bits at the start, then Grace(?) was seen sitting at the table trying to fix it, I gave up watching (two minutes in).

So I have not watched the rest of episode 3 (most of it), and I did not even start to watch episode 4.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th March 2018, 7:58 PM

I enjoyed parts of it but the finale where they just laughed really pissed me off. Cleese looked so insincere,

The series would have been far more authentic if in the last five minutes of the final episode there had been film footage of John and Alison actually getting married in real life. I am frustrated that this sort of thing has never been done in a sitcom on the grounds that it is a taboo subject.

You might be wondering how I know what is in the last five minuites of the final episode when it hasn't even been shown yet. The fact of the matter is that I don't know. But my guess is that we would have seen their wedding when it happened on the news with Fiona Bruce. That is, rather than all the usual stuff about cloud cuckoos land.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 16th March 2018, 11:59 PM

The series would have been far more authentic if in the last five minutes of the final episode there had been film footage of John and Alison actually getting married in real life. I am frustrated that this sort of thing has never been done in a sit 9com on the grounds that it is a taboo subject.

You might be wondering how I know what is in the last five minuites of the final episode when it hasn't even been shown yet. The fact of the matter is that I don't know. But my guess is that we would have seen their wedding when it happened on the news with Fiona Bruce. That is, rather than all the usual stuff about cloud cuckoos land.

What are you prattling on about?

It's now morphing into 1980s benefits scrounger fest sitcom Bread, with Roger's attempt to con social services under the mentorship of one armed Bob - this latest episode was abysmal!

Quote: gb901 @ 18th March 2018, 8:41 PM

It's now morphing into 1980s benefits scrounger fest sitcom Bread, with Roger's attempt to con social services under the mentorship of one armed Bob - this latest episode was abysmal!

At least Bread was good unlike this load of tosh. Such a shame, I really can't believe this cast of such talented actors signed up to take part. Maybe it reads well on a script, sadly this doesn't come across on screen.

Quote: G180e @ 18th March 2018, 9:10 PM

At least Bread was good unlike this load of tosh. Such a shame, I really can't believe this cast of such talented actors signed up to take part. Maybe it reads well on a script, sadly this doesn't come across on screen.

Still, I expect the large cheque was some consolation!

From Fawlty Towers to this! A fall from grace like Lucifer's.

Like it? Well of course - it's Jason Watkins and Joanna Scanlan, silly!