A Hard Day's Night Page 2

Quote: catskillz @ August 27 2008, 8:43 PM BST

I think it's brilliantly written, when you compare it to other films of it's type,

Slade in Flame is also worth checking out.

Quote: Timbo @ August 27 2008, 11:34 PM BST

Slade in Flame is also worth checking out.

I've never seen it because I never really rated Slade.

An underrated, and much misunderstood, band. The specially written soundtrack contains two of their finest moments, Far Far Away and How Does It Feel.

The script is a painstakingly researched, and often very funny, account of the rise of a fictitious band, Flame, played by Slade.

Noddy and Jim put in thoughtful performances, while Dave convincingly plays an annoying toothy twat. Don had trouble learning his lines because of brain damage suffered in a motorbike accident before the start of filming, but still demonstrates some comic chops.

Quote: David Chapman @ August 27 2008, 9:12 PM BST

I think it's a great film with a brilliant soundtrack. Don't you agree Aaron?

quiet night for Aaron... Eh?

He's not properly attached. He'll be plugged into his own computer again tomorrow.

Hopefully.

Quote: zooo @ August 27 2008, 10:46 PM BST

But it was a FIIILLLM.

What am I going to mention - their skills with a loom?

Laughing out loud

Quote: David Chapman @ August 27 2008, 10:55 PM BST

It might be something he's good at.

After his appearance on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross recently, he's also good at seeming like a total c**t.

Quote: zooo @ August 28 2008, 12:45 AM BST

He's not properly attached. He'll be plugged into his own computer again tomorrow.

Hopefully.

I returneth! Thou mayst rejoice! :)

Beatles Monopoly

Not much on TV tonight so I decided to watch this.

(I forgot Not Going Out was on!)

I should've known better.

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/1001909/Hard-Day-s-Night-A-Movie-Clip-I-Should-ve-Known-Better.html

Great song.

Interesting to spot famous faces.

JohnJunkin
Jeremy Lloyd
Linda Barron (I think)
Brian Epstein as a doorman.
Robin Ray
Derek Nimmo
The postman from Keeping Up Appearances
Deryck Guyler as an early Korky.

Jeremy Loyd is the tall goofy looking one, isn't he?
I've only recently discovered that he's the bloke who wrote Are You Being Served?.

It said Wilfred Brambell was very clean. Now we know better.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 28th August 2008, 1:14 AM

Laughing out loud And Steptoe.

And Margaret Nolan. Phwoar!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 15th March 2018, 10:05 PM

It said Wilfred Brambell was very clean. Now we know better.

He was always referred to a a dirty old man in Steptoe so that was why they kept referring to as "a very clean old man." Ironic I know.

Quote: Statesman Dave @ 15th March 2018, 10:43 PM

And Margaret Nolan. Phwoar!

Was she one of the Nolans? They weren't thought of then!

Only just watched this for the first time and I can see why people don't rate it, but personally I thought it was a nice little film, nothing more, nothing less. The lads can't act for toffee but it doesn't matter ultimately, they're the friggin Beatles! OK maybe that's a tad harsh, what I mean is that Ringo tries his best but is the weak link (that bit where he's meant to be hit by the tyre but just falls into it!) Incidentally I notice somebody mentioned Slade in Flame a while back. (Well only a few posts ago, but what equates to nine years!) Now that is a great film, with I would argue one of the best soundtracks ever created for a British film, but then I am biased because I think Slade are a cracking band anyway.

Not just the music but some examples of Brit comedy at it's best.

https://youtu.be/QREeweMWTZk

George's bit.

Watched this on telly a while ago. The Beatles are so obnoxious in it they make Sid Vicious look like Baby Spice, but there's magic when they shut up and start singing instead. Better than Help, which I remember as quite cringe-worthy. I prefer Spiceworld but I'm heavily biassed.
Fact: The TV movie Magical Mystery Tour is probably the only thing the Beatlers did together to receive bad reviews, as opposed to postivec or at least lukewarm.

Quote: catskillz @ 28th August 2008, 12:43 AM

it's brilliantly written, when you compare it to other films of it's type, e.g. Spiceworld. .

If you want to say anything bad about the Spice Girls, you say it to my face.

Quote: Tursiops @ 28th August 2008, 4:03 AM

An underrated, and much misunderstood, band.

It's CCHHRRRIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS.