I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,978

Quote: Davida @ 7th March 2018, 7:39 PM

... cigarettes with the awful pictures I wanted to be sick... I think the pictures are a decent deterrent to someone who's not been subjected to them before.

America's FDA in 2011 decided cigarette packs in the US should also display color graphics showing the negative effects of smoking. However, the tobacco industry persuaded the Court of Appeals that graphic health warnings were a violation of the free speech right of tobacco companies. That's dumb right there, no matter how much you score on your IQ tests: Prioritizing profit by killing people, rather than taking stronger measures to stop people becoming addicted to the leading cause of preventable death. Contributions to senators and congressmen from tobacco lobbies are just bribes. Allowing them to accept such bribes is dumb.

When in the UK, I smoked Death Cigarettes, purely for the cool, honest brand. They tasted like shite though.

Not to mention the cost
My friend smokes 40 (sometimes more) a day at over £10 per packet.

Thats close to £13000 per year in hard cash

I couldn't afford to smoke at that price.

Quote: Kenneth @ 8th March 2018, 7:10 AM

When in the UK, I smoked Death Cigarettes, purely for the cool, honest brand. They tasted like shite though.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th March 2018, 9:38 AM

Not to mention the cost

"Dreadnoughts for men. Get the girl of your choice with a Dreadnought. And only 1/9d for twenty."

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 7th March 2018, 8:56 AM

I wondered what Boris Johnson had in mind when he promised to act "appropriately and robustly" against Russia if it was found to be behind the poisoning. Turns out he meant not sending Prince William to the World Cup.

That will have them worried...

Turns out that a nerve agent was used, and it almost killed the first cop who responded to the scene. Chemical weapons are a red line that can lead to war if used in another country far away, so what should the proper response be if they're used on your own soil?

We will have to call him Boris the Blade (as in Snatch the film)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th March 2018, 9:56 AM

"Dreadnoughts for men. Get the girl of your choice with a Dreadnought. And only 1/9d for twenty."

I've got friends all over the world, all over the world . . . none in this country, but friends all over the world.

Have some people got no sense of humour?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-43387879

Quote: Chappers @ 13th March 2018, 11:39 PM

Looks like it. Silly fuss.

Rest in peace, Professor.

Brilliant. I've never seen that before. Great that he could laugh at himself - but then he did have a brain the size of a planet.

Three times I tried to read A Brief History and never got beyond page 34. :(

RIP Professor Hawking - hopefully everything you theorised on will now be revealed. I certainly hope so, as it's been bothering me for decades!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th March 2018, 3:37 PM

Three times I tried to read A Brief History and never got beyond page 34. :(

Was there something extra difficult about page 34?Anything symbolic?

Quote: Chappers @ 14th March 2018, 3:45 PM

Was there something extra difficult about page 34?Anything symbolic?

Can't remember, it was too complicated...................................... OR was it page 42 ?!?! Oooer.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th March 2018, 9:38 AM

Not to mention the cost

Thats close to £13000 per year in hard cash

That's a lot to smoke a day and they cost a fortune. Have they tried to quit or thought about it? Maybe they think it's too late but it's never too late. My mum smoked for over 40 years and had tried to quit several times without long term success but the death of a close relative from a smoking related illness made her stop instantly and has never lit up since. It's sad that it had to take an experience like that for her to finally kick the habit but I'm proud it has lasted for 7 years and counting.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th March 2018, 11:39 PM

It's bound to turn sour as soon as Pierced Organ gets involved. A nice story with a touch of humour and a credible punchline with absolutely no sense of superiority from Lizzie but the wider the audience becomes with social media like Twitter something is going to be taken in the wrong context or they will just be plain trolled by total loser keyboard warrior twats. He didn't mean it with the innocent retweat but he has over 6 million followers so that must be over 6 million followers who are dribbling, neanderthal type creatures.