Jim Bowen RIP

Oh no, don't say it's going to be another of those years when they drop like flies.

Loved Jim Bowen, so sad - Rest In Peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N84zsnkv6_Q

More sad news and there were not many who missed watching Bullseye every week. He had a lot of charisma as a gameshow host on was on par with Brucie and Monkhousey.

I've been watching reruns on Challenge TV and saw one a few weeks ago where the winning team got loads of prizes and about £400+ in cash so decided not to go for the big prize and the 2nd team went for it and did it in two darts winnning a speedboat (I think, could have been a caravan) and the special guest throwing for charity was Bob Champion. Cracking show and the icing on the cake was the team who were a pair of yuppie investment traders crashed out first with a grand total of £30. The darts player was hopeless.

What a shame.

Sad loss, a lovely man, and a funny man. Check out his fab guest star turn in Phoenix Nights. As Jim would no doubt, smashin'.

Not just very funny but always came over as a 'normal' bloke. RIP

RIP JB

And true to Bullseye form
The none dart player goes first.

(too soon?)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th March 2018, 3:00 PM

Oh no, don't say it's going to be another of those years when they drop like flies.

I'm afraid so:
a = aging celebrities
b = inevitability of death
c = dropping like flies

a x b = c

Jim Bowen, was he just having a laugh when he derided Bullseye as being crap, or did he genuinely think it was crap?

Peter Wright's tribute last night at the premier league of darts.

Excellent artwork.

Jim was among the select few revered for catchphrases they never used. Jim himself said that he never used the phrase "super, smashing, great" on Bullseye.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th March 2018, 9:13 AM

RIP JB

And true to Bullseye form
The none dart player goes first.

(too soon?)

Laughing out loud

Jim and Bullseye have a lot to answer for................

Hahaha!

Quote: beaky @ 17th June 2023, 4:07 PM

Hahaha!

Thank you Beaky - so glad someone got a laugh out of it.

"Smashing, Super, and look what you would have won."

I saw this thread had come up and I wondered if he'd died again.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th June 2023, 9:30 AM

I saw this thread had come up and I wondered if he'd died again.

I think he died many times compering Bullseye