On The Up Page 2

Recall it being bog standard at the time all those years ago so probably piss poor!

Who wrote and sang the feem toon?

I can't believe this aired 28 years ago, seems more like ten unless I was watching a repeat in 2008. Huh? I've never had a handle on time. Anyway it was a nice old fashioned type background sitcom as I call them, something you can make the tea to and not miss much.

Not a super funny scripted gem you watch like a gawping hawk. I think the actors in it were the appeal, all good old hands. But not a classic and I wouldn't say half as charming as As Time Goes By.

Just watched this for the first time. I loved it. Dennis Waterman and Joan Sims are brilliant together. Sam Kelly is great too. I love the plot. I really enjoyed this. Fantastic stuff.

Larbey had a good mind for one-liners, but I'm not sure this was one of his better ideas.

Seems quite similar to a few others of the time like Sitting Pretty or Get Back in being about rich people going through some sort of problem. There's something a bit uncanny about them though, it doesn't really sit right seeing that situation play out like a regular sitcom. It doesn't feel like there are any stakes.