Farewell Doddy

Very sad to hear the news of Sir Ken Dodd's passing. I grew up watching him and was one of the first comedians I ever saw perform. His famous wit 'tickled' many a funny bone and will always be remembered. RIP Doddy.

Weird or what, but the first morning of my break from BCG and I was only thinking about what to do if this happened, and so I have just had to come back and offer my condolences.

As Max Miller used to say about himself "There'll never be another" and so it is with the passing of Sir Ken Dodd, and like Max when it was near the knuckle it was always innuendo with also no swearing.

I had the great pleasure of seeing him live once and it was a night I will never forget - just constant laughter, break at 10.30pm and the second half was just the same.

Yes RIP Sir Ken, you were one of the absolute greats and will be sadly missed.

Didn't the Inland Revenue say "They'll never be another"? A black cloud over Knotty Ash.

Legend.

Very sorry to hear this news. :(

"Comedy Genius" is a label banded about far too loosely nowadays. Doddy was a true genius. Saw him live a few times.

RIP Ken. Up there (literally) with with Cooper, Morecambe, Allen, Dawson...

RIP Sir Ken

RIP Doddy. No matter how many times I watch his first An Audience With... it always makes me laugh.

A fabulous comic - and a true scholar of the industry, the art, and its history. My hero. Rest in peace, Sir Ken.

What he said.
:)

Quote: Statesman Dave @ 12th March 2018, 4:02 PM

RIP Doddy. No matter how many times I watch his first An Audience With... it always makes me laugh.

I've been thinking of that show today. The way the audience are in constant laughter and wiping away tears from the relentless funniness. Almost to the point where they need him to stop so they can regain composure. Sad news and nice to know he passed away in his childhood home and that he married his longterm partner which I assume was to make the probate side easier for her to administer.

The hilarious Another Audience With Ken Dodd is on ITV at 10:45pm tonight. I'm rewatching the first An Audience With Ken Dodd now myself - riotous.

Both are available to buy on DVD: http://amzn.to/2IixC7L http://amzn.to/2Dn3pRg

A true great, and he seemed a genuinely nice fella off camera from what's been shown. RIP Ken.

A proper honest joke telling comic, so unlike today's non stop stream of crap 'stand ups' who think stomping around the stage making weird noises into a microphone is funny. It ain't, Ken Dodd always will be.