BBC Writersroom looking for comedy scripts Page 2

Because he's just told us.

Quote: Stobbart42 @ 5th March 2018, 3:58 AM

I just read the small print. You have to be resident in the UK. That kind of sucks. But I guess there's nothing stopping me from writing a script anyway.

I'll take a 30% cut if you like.

Quote: Lazzard @ 5th March 2018, 9:40 AM

How would they know you're not UK?

Good point. Nothing to stop me submitting something anyway. It's not as though they're even going to like it and want to meet me. Haha.

@Chappers. Hmmm. If it comes to that, I'll be in touch :-D

Quote: Stobbart42 @ 6th March 2018, 7:26 AM

Good point. Nothing to stop me submitting something anyway. It's not as though they're even going to like it and want to meet me. Haha.

:-D

That's the spirit!

I'm sure Anorak is booking a trip to Japan as we speak!

This I must attempt. It is my opportunity to be rejected by the BBC.
I need it, I've been limbering up for it, I'm ready... OK... Geek

In reading their updated guff on WR I see the Beeb have interestingly distanced themselves from the studio audience sitcom model referring to it as 'older sitcom'. It uses the term 'comedy script' now and it looks like the link they've put up for reading broadcasted scripts are mainly non studio audience. I'll take that as a strong hint then that trad sitcom style scripts will be instantly binned. They certainly make a lot fewer of them than they once did.
Angry

My one is primarily a radio script.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 8th March 2018, 12:45 PM

I'll take that as a strong hint then that trad sitcom style scripts will be instantly binned.

They also now make it abundantly clear that this is NOT a way to get a piece of work commissioned by the BBC, but a way to find writers they might want to work with on other projects.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th March 2018, 10:24 PM

My one is primarily a radio script.

What do you mean? Is it a radio script or not?

I've written it as a radio script - ie no directtions or scenes - but it could be made for TV.

Radio scripts have scenes, surely?

And directions, Chaps? I wonder what the radio/TV ratio of subs is? Maybe 20:80? Might be 30:70?

Quote: beaky @ 11th March 2018, 8:20 PM

Radio scripts have scenes, surely?

Just your imagination ....

Most of it is set in one location with the odd outside which is obvious.

How is anyone going to know it's outside without directions, Chaps? Just sying.