Will Hay Page 4

No one else apart from Aaron find my detailed article with links etc.. about 10 days ago interesting/informative? :(

That's the nature of message boards though. You can toil into the early hours over a well crafted post and no one responds at all. But as long as you get your point across, that's the main thing.
By the way, thanks for posting, it was very informative.

Thank you for your observation and appreciation Bill. :)

Hi All, new to this site, just thought i would mention there will be a screening of Oh, Mr.Porter! on the 20th March in Sheffield https://penistone.admit-one.eu/?p=tickets&s=PENISTONE&perfCode=3249. Apparently it has been remastered by Park Circus. Might be useful for someone local. I would love to go but i cant make that day.

Remastered or restored? Remastering is just transferring it to a different format, which I think would be needed in order to show in a modern cinema. Restoration would be actually putting some effort in...

Regardless, thanks for the heads up!

Another problem is that there aren't that many regular browsers of the site at the moment. Not sure how this can be fixed.

Managed to get a very good copy of My Learned Friend (wasn't in my box-set), with which I beat my mate to a copy of, so will have to make a copy of it for him and rub his nose in it!

And so, to go with the article I posted on the 24th Feb - for what it is worth - one final link to the Will Hay App. Society for those interested...................(?)

https://www.photogra-fix.com/willhay

And as I sail off into the sunset - FARE THEE WELL Wave

"Where There's A Will" on Talking Pictures TV 11:15 am next Thursday (15 March).

Will end just at the right time to switch over for the first race at Cheltenham.

Quote: Statesman Dave @ 25th February 2018, 12:20 PM

I hope Talking Pictures shows The Goose Steps Out and Where's That Fire?. Those are two I haven't seen and have been wanting to.

The Goose Steps out on Talking Pictures tv on Monday 8 April at 4.15 am.

Discovered this, a Harry Enfield tribute to Will and the lads.
It's very good.

Just watched Ask a Policeman on TPTV.

Will Hay was one of my Dad's favourites and I haven't watched any of his films for years.

Very funny and I'm sure anarchic for the time. Put me in mind of some of the Young Ones who I am sure must've been partly influenced by Will and his team.