What's your 'go-to' Christmas special sitcom? Page 4

I'm very confused,nothing new there,I thought U Tube was available everywhere.
Never mind as long as the great man is still out in the world.

There's another good one where they entertain two orphans for the day and Kenneth turns up as Santa.

The Christmas Club shows up on YouTube but then the little box says "not available".

Spotify is free. There are ads that run on the screen as you listen but they don't trouble me.

Quote: Rose2010 @ 4th March 2018, 8:59 PM

But I'm not telling. Have never seen the television version of Hancock.

:O But you must! Boy have you a number of treats one day, if only to see Tony's facial expressions!!

Thanks.... I see DVDs are easily available. I'll put Hancock on my list. Fun to look forward to something old that is new to me.

Quote: Rose2010 @ 3rd March 2018, 3:50 PM

Just been posting in SitComs about As Time Goes By which I watch beginning every Christmas but, oddly, has absolutely no Christmas specials. Other series which never acknowledge the holidays?

Probably quite a few but one that stands out for me is Fawlty Towers. Just think of the beautiful chaos that could've ensued.

Do you think Basil would have made Manuel dress up as Santa?

Quote: Rose2010 @ 5th March 2018, 3:38 PM

Do you think Basil would have made Manuel dress up as Santa?

:D In a plan crafted with military precision Basil is hosting a no riff-raff Christmas lunch for local business leaders and arranged a surprise visit from Santa but when realising Polly has rented a suit far too big for Manuel there is only one person it will fit....

I'd watch it!

Well, it's December - for some, the re-watch of our many classic Christmas specials begins today.

I started a little earlier than usual, kicked off with Office Christmas special.

I have just bought a dvd of ITV's 1972 & 1973 "All Star Comedy Carnival". which, although I don't particularly remember it, appears to be their equivalent to BBC's "Christmas Night with the Stars".

Contains special seasonal shows of: Love Thy Neighbour; On The Buses; Nearest & Dearest; Thirty Minutes Worth; Sez Les; The Fenn Street Gang; Father Dear Father; Man About The House; My Good Woman; Billy Liar; Spring & Autumn; Doctor In Charge; Christmas with Wogan. Also contains the 1969 sketch from the same show of The Dustbinmen.

174 minutes for £6.99:

Haven't watched it yet so don't take this as a recommendation. Just thought I'd mention it before it was too late.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd December 2018, 10:43 AM

I have just bought a dvd of ITV's 1972 & 1973 "All Star Comedy Carnival".

Viewers of a sensitive and/or politically correct disposition are warned that Jimmy Tarbuck, when talking about Kenny Lynch in Cinderella, refers to him as "Chocolate Buttons"! :O

...or alternatively, viewers not currently living in the 70s...

I don't know anyone here you could be referring to Paul.
I'll be looking at the TV Times later to see if they're showing the two Porridge Xmas specials, the three Some Mothers Xmas specials, the three Dad's Army Xmas specials, The Good Life's, Rising Damp's, Are You Being Served?'s, On The Buses', WHTTLL's and a few others.

Some good suggestions and a few surprises as well, Two Ronnies and Morecambe and Wise are pretty much a given for Christmas repeats. Also enjoyed Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads? Christmas special.

Not one that I have seen on list is the Watching Christmas episode from Series 1, Seasoning. The sight of Liza Tarbuck sitting on the dickie seat of the side car is hilarious.

Well?