Mum Page 3

1.2 million viewers last night.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st February 2018, 7:46 PM

1.2 million viewers last night.

Well, yes - I watched it myself. It's whether I - and the other 1,199,999 - persevere to the end of the series that will be the telling stat.

Only just got round to watching. Got about 10 mins into the first one and already so sick of Kelly I had to switch off.

Just watched series 1 over the weekend. Thought it was absolutely brilliant.

Now looking forward to the 2nd one.

Series 2 is taking some warming up.
They have changed Kelly's character.
And her mother, who I loved, does not appear to be in it.
Mum's brother's girlfriend is still excellent though.

Beautifully observed writing, people who - for the most part - mean well but are sunk by their shortcomings.

Really enjoying this.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 21st February 2018, 10:47 PM

It's whether I - and the other 1,199,999 - persevere to the end of the series that will be the telling stat.

I don't know about the other 1,199,999 but I can't see myself persevering any longer. Sleepy

Terrific episode. 'Sexy serial killer' line and Michael not smiling - perfection.

And Kelly's nasty mother turned up again.
What's not to like?

How has Kelly's character changed?

I quite like this. Beautifully written and acted.
I don't find it terrifically funny though. I also find it quite frustrating. So many annoying people in it! Why doesn't she tell them where to go?
I had a similar issue with Him & Her (by the same writer). Kerry Howard's character was so evil, I felt more angry than amused by the end.

She was sensitive
Now she's more of a chatterbox.

(and.. think of all the annoying people you know - and never say a word)

Surely she was pretty chatty before? And prone to putting her foot in it though also very apologetic. Probably just more at ease now. I wouldn't say her character's fundamentally changed.
One of the best characters in it.

Quote: playfull @ 13th March 2018, 11:54 PM

Terrific episode. 'Sexy serial killer' line and Michael not smiling - perfection.

Glorious episode. Heartbreaking moments between Michael and Cathy, beautifully played. SG's writing is maturing all the time.

Quote: playfull @ 13th March 2018, 11:54 PM

Michael not smiling

Much like most of the viewing public I imagine.

Have they forgotten that is is billed as a comedy? And what was that nonsense with the passport between Kelly and her mother?