Status report Page 6,001

I ordered 2 tickets for "War of the Worlds" face value £88 each from Viagogo.

It never showed the astronomically obscene mark up on these tickets until the transaction was completed. Bastards!

The chances of anyone seeing that con are a million to one.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd March 2018, 8:27 PM

It never showed the astronomically obscene mark up on these tickets until the transaction was completed. Bastards!

No one would have believed that chappers affairs were being watched from the timeless world of the internet.
Minds immeasurably superior to his marked up their tickets and slowly but surely they drew their plans against him.

Yes I know ticket agencies are a rip-off but I never realised how much.

I did think this was illegal actually - and there honestly was no indication of the actual price until my credit card had been accepted.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd March 2018, 9:55 PM

Yes I know ticket agencies are a rip-off but I never realised how much.

I did think this was illegal actually - and there honestly was no indication of the actual price until my credit card had been accepted.

I was thinking the same because it's against consumer law to be misleading over pricing and additional costs. Maybe they get around it by having costs listed elsewhere on the website on an obscure page hidden away. Very dodgy dealing and I would ask for immediate cancellation and refund.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 2nd March 2018, 10:02 PM

I was thinking the same because it's against consumer law to be misleading over pricing and additional costs. Maybe they get around it by having costs listed elsewhere on the website on an obscure page hidden away. Very dodgy dealing and I would ask for immediate cancellation and refund.

I have and they say no refunds. I thought that buying by credit card meant you can cancel the payment but it appears I'm wrong.

The website FAQ says all sales are final and a buyer agrees to that by signing up so I don't think that would give you a case with your credit card company to refund you. Are you sure at the check out the addon costs were not displayed? In the FAQ it says they are displayed at the checkout. When I buy stuff online I use snipping tool to take screenshots of the purchase screen.

The website says you can't get refunds but you can use the site to resell your tickets. In the FAQ section for refund queries it says they will resell the tickets for no fees but in another section it says fees are charged so who know? I think you should keep the tickets and go to the show. Never use that shyster website again but plan for a grand night out :)

I doubt that statements like "no refunds" on a website will overrule the basic contract with your credit card company, if that allows refunds.

I don't think it would apply in this case because credit card companies can chargeback the payment and return it to the customer as part of the credit card guarantee for purchases over £100 but there needs to be a reason such as an issue with the product or service. In this case the website are robbing bastards but it doesnt look like any rules have been broken.

If you go through the purchase process (with a fictitious name & without putting in any credit card details of course), you will see that the total cost with charges does come up on the top left-hand side of the final page before you put in your card details. Not exactly where you'd expect to see it. And charges of £3 + £25 per ticket!!!

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd March 2018, 6:49 PM

If that's what you make in a year, well..

I'd have to sell my body to make that much..

Kissing

..and trouble is they all want DFK these days, ew!

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd March 2018, 8:27 PM

Bastards indeed, I paid considerably less for two seats right up on one of the back rows of 'the Gods' to see that show at the 02 (can't remember year) but within last 10 years, no way I could have afforded anything like £88.00 per ticket, what do you do for a living, steal cars?

Anyway, we got moved down right to the front block within about 10 rows of the stage when we were spotted (not because of me) but because of who I was with! Pays to be with someone who generates that kind of interest!

It's not what you know, Chapper's mucker, it's ... er ... er ... did I have a cup somewhere ... sorry lost my thread...
OK, as you were...

Fxxx
Teary

Wow, self awareness and appreciation of irony are seriously f**king lacking in some places.
(Not related to this thread! That's just my current status.)

So, I trust some of you, and I'm in need of some advice.

My status right now is that I'm sort of in between jobs, but I have a pretty solid job offer laid out in front of me and they've already helped pay for the certification necessary for the position and have started my training sessions. Here's the issue: Throughout the entire process, which has been about 6 weeks now, they've been making organisational flukes like not showing up to the meetings they've set with me, and failing to give me information that I was later supposed already to have. For instance, I found out on Friday that before I can start making an hourly wage I have to sell 44 insurance policies, and that it would be wise to 'draw from my personal network' for leads. I was told in my very first meeting with one of the insurance agents that 'all training is paid' and 'we would never ask you to try and sell to your family and friends'. Now not only is the training not paid, but I'm being mined for fresh leads by the company until I am in a position to be officially hired. That's not right, is it? Should what they're doing be considered acceptable by me? I asked how long most people spend in the 'reserve period' before getting appointed and earning hourly wages, and they wouldn't answer, but in my first meeting the agent said if I sell 10 policies a month, I'd be doing really well. So that's about 5 months of 'doing really well' for the company, making between 30-60$ per sale, when I should be earning nearly 100$ a day in hourly wages and commission on top of that.

And if this is wrong, what would you recommend I do about it? I already sent an email to the man who recruited me asking if I might be fully refunded the 300$ I paid to get certified before being appointed, for my own security. Being between jobs I don't have the resources to be working basically for free for 5 months. Now that I'm certified to sell insurance, should I just approach other insurance companies in the area and hope they're more ethical, or just cut and run altogether?