The Weather Page 189

I c**t help it

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th March 2018, 2:53 PM

:O zooo! Please Miss, Stephen's saying naughty words again.

Unless he's actually calling you one, there's no rules against it, I'm afraid! C**t away.

:O (shoots hand up) Miss! Miss!! He said it again! :O

What does it mean Miss? Angelic

Quote: zooo @ 4th March 2018, 3:41 PM

Unless he's actually calling you one, there's no rules against it, I'm afraid! C**t away.

OMG Miss, now you've said it. I will have to tell my Mummy and the Education Officer. And my Daddy who works for Ofsted.

Laughing out loud

Herc is a 'c**t care less' type of person

:D Just waiting now for you to push it too far. I can see zooo with fingers akimbo over her keyboard as we speak. Whistling nnocently

Sorry, I'm a bit busy. C**tryfile's on.

She don't care, do she. :O

Hahaha. :D

Gloriously sunny morning with not a sign of snow anywhere - I wonder how they are getting on in so called God's c**try? Whistling nnocently

It's misty and damp.
I shant be going up Ilkley moor baht 'at.

I love looking at snow in the twilight, the white really shines out as everything else darkens. It makes buildings with flat roofs look like Christmas cakes. There's one opposite and it's making be hungry again. I do love a slice of Christmas cake.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 18th March 2018, 6:44 PM

I love looking at snow in the twilight, the white really shines out as everything else darkens. It makes buildings with flat roofs look like Christmas cakes. There's one opposite and it's making be hungry again. I do love a slice of Christmas cake.

It was bitterly cold yesterday and this morning I woke up to a blanket of snow. Not had to go out today so turned the heating up and put the pinny on for some serious scrubbin'. Being high up I like to look out at the rows of rooftops covered in snow and it reminds me of Muppets Christmas Carol. Twilight is the best time with the darkness contrasted against the orange window glow of the rooms with candle lights and fireplaces keeping humans and muppets alike warm and cozy during Wintertide. God bless us, everyone.

They reckon the temperature is so and so but it feels colder because of the wind chill factor.

Surely it is as cold as we feel so why doesn't the temperature include the wind chill factor?

Quote: Chappers @ 18th March 2018, 8:59 PM

They reckon the temperature is so and so but it feels colder because of the wind chill factor.

Surely it is as cold as we feel so why doesn't the temperature include the wind chill factor?

I guess it's because it's a directional thing so it depends if you're walking in to the wind which will cause the wind chill or if you're walking away from it and it will be absorbed by your clothing. I've not gone out without a scarf and hat for the last few months and so far I've avoided the sniffles. I have a new found respect for the scarf and hat.

This extreme cold weather makes me wonder what it's like during the winters at the Hally research gaff.

https://www.bas.ac.uk/polar-operations/sites-and-facilities/facility/halley/