The Weather Page 188

Managed to get out at lunch time to post a letter, get a paper ; but it was dodgy.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st March 2018, 3:08 PM

Managed to get out at lunch time to post a letter, get a paper ; but it was dodgy.

Letters and newspapers? Is this the 1960s? ;)

Quote: DaButt @ 1st March 2018, 3:31 PM

Well I'm still stuck in them. Cool

The newspaper was for my wife who cares not a jot for computers and the letter, legal documents that have to be presented as original. Geek

Letters,newspapers,having to use a phone box,wandering around in blissful ignorance of what was going on anywhere else.
The peace and tranquility of it all,happy days.

Amen to that! :)

Emma meets the beast from the east. I was hoping for something a bit wilder tbh given their names. Most Emmas I've known of around here were right old slappers. Unless they both pick up again it's been a very mild flirtation probably like most dating agency meets ups, a lot of hype but nothing really happens, and their real names are probably Anne and Derek. :(

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 2nd March 2018, 11:52 AM

Emma meets the beast from the east. I was hoping for something a bit wilder tbh given their names. Most Emmas I've known of around here were right old slappers. Unless they both pick up again it's been a very mild flirtation probably like most dating agency meets ups, a lot of hype but nothing really happens, and their real names are probably Anne and Derek. :(

"their real names are probably Anne and Derek" made me laugh at the end of a looong week. Thanks, Alfred :)

Not seen snow like this for a long time. It's not been like a blizzard but has been lightly snowing for hours so it's built up and is very deep. The only place to be when it's like this is at home.

No choice here but to stay at home. Buses and trains cancelled and roads impassable. I loathe snow.
Apparently there are food shortages in shops (not that I can get near the shops). However I suppose it's good practice for the disaster which will be Brexit.

Quote: DaButt @ 1st March 2018, 3:31 PM

I wish.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 2nd March 2018, 9:04 PM

Not seen snow like this for a long time. It's not been like a blizzard but has been lightly snowing for hours so it's built up and is very deep. The only place to be when it's like this is at home.

That's been the same here although it's so foggy this morning all I can see is a white mist.

The sun is out, the thaw is on and we have clear paths and roads here in EA. :D

Snowing like billy-o here.

Eeee must be grand oop north. :D

And there's me with me cossie on thinking about getting the sun lounger out in 'tback garden. :P

Tintinttin: it is not in the tin.
And we say c**t for couldn't

:O zooo! Please Miss, Stephen's saying naughty words again.