Newsjack Series 18 Page 21

Quote: Watch Maker @ 28th February 2018, 11:15 PM

Very good sketches on: Weather and Russians, Jamie Oliver,Valentines Day,University Vice Chancellors, KFC (best one), Trump and video games,Corbyn and Clit Bang. One liners included: dental journal, Rolling Stones,B and Q and Chess. There were others....

I was there too. I also recall a sketch about a Happy Space suit with one line so rude I will be delighted if it is broadcast! There was also a sketch about Neanderthal Art ("ug"). There were some great dried-fruit based puns in the one-liners.

I was surprised at how many of the sketches involved only a few members of the cast. One of the above was a single-hander.

Really enjoyed the experience and am going to the next two recordings.

...oh, and a rap response from Theresa May to Stormzy.

Thank you both for your dispatches, and well done for braving the weather to be there.
It's amazing how these news stories now appear like hilarious oceans of possibility having bathed in the spotlight of the recording studio...I scrolled through them at the weekend and didn't bat an eyelid. I think there lies my problem, it all becomes a bit of a rush and a blur. I'm relieved to see my sketch hasn't been mentioned as it was absolute pony and might well have forced me to change my name by deed poll and go and live in the woods.

Quote: nabbit @ 1st March 2018, 9:31 AM

I was there too. I also recall a sketch about a Happy Space suit with one line so rude I will be delighted if it is broadcast! There was also a sketch about Neanderthal Art ("ug"). There were some great dried-fruit based puns in the one-liners.

I was surprised at how many of the sketches involved only a few members of the cast. One of the above was a single-hander.

Really enjoyed the experience and am going to the next two recordings.

...oh, and a rap response from Theresa May to Stormzy.

I wrote a sketch about neanderthal art. Can you remember any more details? I guess I wasn't the only person to do something on that.

Quote: Tradepressed @ 1st March 2018, 11:41 AM

I wrote a sketch about neanderthal art. Can you remember any more details? I guess I wasn't the only person to do something on that.

I guess if the 'Ug' reference means nothing to you, it may be somebody else's sketch. Or they added it to yours. There was a disapproving father character if that helps.

I wrote one sketch about Trump and his burning desire to arm everyone, but I am sure the majority of submissions covered the same ground.

I did a one liner about the Rolling Stones combined age V the number of times they are asked have you been before going on stage so fingers crossed

Many thanks to Watch Maker and nabbit for taking the trouble to report back from the recording, having braved snowy weather to get there

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 1st March 2018, 12:09 PM

I wrote one sketch about Trump and his burning desire to arm everyone, but I am sure the majority of submissions covered the same ground.

Newsjackitis: When an idea grabs you about the most topical news story of the week and won't stop nagging you until you commit to paper.
Prognosis: Feelings of dejection/regret interspersed with bouts of euphoria and hopefulness which more often than not ends in a determination not to make the same mistake next week. The symptoms can however be confused with Newsjackgenius, whereby the patient absolutely nails the sketch, despite all the odds, and can enjoy a period of prolonged smugness and self-elevation which can last as long as Saturday morning.

Hi folks!

This is my first series of submitting to Newsjack but I've already settled into a nice weekly routine of hope and despair - so I thought I'd come here to share the pain!

Good luck to all awaiting emails today. I got my first close but no cigar last week (for a oneliner) - I'm realising I might need to count that as a successful series!

Auditchris that is successful. This is my fourth or fifth series and I have never managed that.

Quote: Danno @ 1st March 2018, 2:31 PM

Newsjackitis: When an idea grabs you about the most topical news story of the week and won't stop nagging you until you commit to paper.
Prognosis: Feelings of dejection/regret interspersed with bouts of euphoria and hopefulness which more often than not ends in a determination not to make the same mistake next week. The symptoms can however be confused with Newsjackgenius, whereby the patient absolutely nails the sketch, despite all the odds, and can enjoy a period of prolonged smugness and self-elevation which can last as long as Saturday morning.

Newsjackholism = a form of addiction.

Good luck everyone. Could really do with some success this week - been a pretty bad week.

NJ twitter account says the emails have all gone out.

Oh well there's always next week..... pub anyone?

So who made it into the script?

Off to rejects.

My in-box is empty.........sob