Status report Page 5,999

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 10th February 2018, 6:40 PM

You'll notice it says for cleaning electrics on the tin.
Dont.
It's none conductive but leaves a residue that's flammable.
Any contacts that can spark will ignite it.

I've only ever used it for mechanical components and never on anything electrical for that reason. I'm surprised something flammable can be advertised for use on electrics.

Interesting that the formula has been kept as a trade secret rather than being patented. If someone discovered the way it's made they could register a patent and claim all the legal rights to produce and sell it. Risky business.

Just drove my car through the nearby car wash. I always put on some psychedelic music and pretend I'm at a 60s concert with the Joshua Light Show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Joshua_Light_Show

Good man!

And My Status:

On edge, anxious, dissatisfied, tense, massive swings from incredibly grim all the way to being slightly less than incredibly grim. It's exhausting, Frankie what is right with you?

AngryUnimpressedAngryUnimpressedAngryUnimpressed

Quote: Frankie Mildly Perturbed @ 16th February 2018, 12:46 AM

Good man!

And My Status:

On edge, anxious, dissatisfied, tense, massive swings from incredibly grim all the way to being slightly less than incredibly grim. It's exhausting, Frankie what is right with you?

AngryUnimpressedAngryUnimpressedAngryUnimpressed

Maybe you should try to get your rage back again!

Quote: Chappers @ 18th February 2018, 8:12 PM

Maybe you should try to get your rage back again!

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Juke boxes on TV so I just wondered how much one would cost to buy.

https://www.gamesroomcompany.com/wurlitzer-2000-centennial-vinyl-jukebox?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInKmchpW42QIVip3tCh0jYgiQEAQYASABEgKSafD_BwE

£22,000? Do you think it's worth it?

Free delivery though, don't forget!

When my dads local was being refurbished and the jukebox was being flogged back in the late 80s he bought this exact model in perfect working order for £50. It was a pub he used to leave me outside in the car while he went in for a pint and would bring out crisps and coke. When I was a bit older I remember going in to the pub a few times and putting money in the same jukebox that my dad bought.

I used to spend hours cleaning it and watching how it worked. It had a mechanical rotating wheel filled with 50 single records which it could play on both sides so it could play 100 tracks and would rotate to that record and then a mechanism would put it on the player. It worked great for years but then it started failing and would play the wrong track or worse the mechanics would go out of sync and snap the record. It broke a lot of records before I pestered my dad so much to sell it that he finally agreed. It sells for a lot more now so he's not that happy with me me about it but money isn't everything eh?

50 records that played BOTH sides? Wow!

Sorry - being sarcastic. When I got my first CD I wondered why you could only play one side!

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd February 2018, 9:43 PM

50 records that played BOTH sides? Wow!

Sorry - being sarcastic. When I got my first CD I wondered why you could only play one side!

Pedantic and sarcastic! I meant how the juke box had a mechanism that could extract the record and lay it down on both sides not how the records played both sides. I'm not that much of a simpleton :D My copy of Goodfellas is doublesided and at first I thought I have bought a knackered DVD until I realised I had to flip it.

That jukebox had a sound system that would have been powerful enough for Wembley. The volume was never more than 10% because any higher and your ears would bleed. It was a perfectly balanced sound as well with the treble, mid and bass.

A few memorable songs I remember from it is Eddie Grant - Gimme Hope Joanna, Queen - A Kind Of Magic. and Atlantic Starr - Secret Lovers, Atlantic Starr - Always. Top grade 80s baselines and they got played the most at parties.

My mate is an MMA fighter and has a bout tonight in Weston but sods law I had to work this weekend so can't go. Instead of a manly, lager filled night out I have to settle for brie, a glass of shiraz and the snooker.

What is MMA?

Mixed Martial Arts.

Quote: Briosaid @ 24th February 2018, 8:29 PM

What is MMA?

yep as Dabutt says mixed martial arts and it's an amature fight which has more rules than the pro ranks. I hate violence and have never been a big boxing fan but there is something about UFC/MMA that is almost theatrical. I like Alex Reid who has a trademark of knocking out opponents with his knees but that move isn't allowed in amature MMA. Alex Reid is one hard ass mofo.