Newsjack Series 18 Page 17

if anyone's having a crisis of confidence, The Mash Report is just about to start on Beeb 2 ;)

Great work Bonzo and Viv - a double credit! And your number cruncher got a HUGE reaction.

Alas I got the 'close' e-mail this week, it was a sketch about Lizzy Yarnold that got recorded but didn't make the cut. So if you were thinking this week's episode was lacking a bit of sport that's why!

Caught up with the show this morning, warmed me cockles so it did. Very good all round, thought AB was on good form and the voice repertoire of Luke Kempner was expectedly superb. The Vadar/Kyle sketch was classic newsjack. Lots to laugh about.....just lacking a bit of sport :D

A mixed bag IMHO. Some good stuff but the Greybeard/mortgage sketch was feeble and the Iceland joke so weak and obvious that most people would have been too embarrassed to send it in. No way it was the best one liner out of the 1000s sent in.

I thought it was a poor episode in terms of sketches. Some solid one liners though.

What was/were the oneliner/s Bonzo and Viv got on?
Stephen M are you able to share the nearly sketch so can see one that nearly made it. No worries if not.

Quote: BTF @ 23rd February 2018, 12:22 PM

What was/were the oneliner/s Bonzo and Viv got on?

Ours were the Daily Mail oneliner (first batch of breaking news), and the Kinder Egg number cruncher. :)

I recall egg one. Very good.
Also mail one.
Got some laughs.

That Kinder egg cruncher was a hoot, a big laughy one, not an owly one.

You two must by going for the fabled full house...sketch, oneliner, cruncher all in the same week. The locals call it 'fullio housio newzjackeo' or 'grandez grandez Thursdayos'

I take my hat off to the '4G vicar' gagster. Trumped my 'pray-as-you-go', and then some, you brilliant rotter you. Loved it!

Quote: BTF @ 23rd February 2018, 12:22 PM

Stephen M are you able to share the nearly sketch so can see one that nearly made it. No worries if not.

No problem, here's the link if you're interested: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/34288/

Basically me working out my anger about entertainment TV.

Quote: Bonzo @ 23rd February 2018, 12:29 PM

Ours were the Daily Mail oneliner (first batch of breaking news), and the Kinder Egg number cruncher. :)

Both excellent - great work!

Thank you! :)

Quote: Danno @ 23rd February 2018, 12:57 PM

That Kinder egg cruncher was a hoot, a big laughy one, not an owly one.

You two must by going for the fabled full house...sketch, oneliner, cruncher all in the same week. The locals call it 'fullio housio newzjackeo' or 'grandez grandez Thursdayos'

I take my hat off to the '4G vicar' gagster. Trumped my 'pray-as-you-go', and then some, you brilliant rotter you. Loved it!

Bonzo and Viv did you get a sketch on too?

No - although a few years ago...2014...we did once have a sketch and a oneliner in same show. Not since though,

A bit better episode this week. Some of the one liners were pretty good. The sketches just didn't do it for me though.

Okay, so Jeremy Corbyn makes homemade jam. Nice to have a hobby. That's neither topical nor comedy.