Newsjack Series 18 Page 16

Quote: lolcov @ 22nd February 2018, 7:06 PM

That's excellent! Congratulations! I'm quite new to this thread but it seems like you've got quite an impressive hit rate. Have they ever invited you in?

Hello - we've been in twice but a couple of years ago now.

Well done Bonzo!!

I've just posted mine in the rejects cave. Need I say more :(

Quote: Danno @ 22nd February 2018, 7:10 PM

Well done Bonzo!!

I've just posted mine in the rejects cave. Need I say more :(

Thanks Danno!

Yes, well done Bonzo. I hope it is the welsh earthquake. I did my sketch based on that!

Well done glad someone got on!

Was a lot more disappointed than last week as I thought I wrote a really good sketch. I'll chuck it in the critique section and see what you guys think.

My one liners weren't too bad either but hey ho keep going I spose

Thanks Von1 and woodsy!

Well done Bonzo, an inspiration to us all

Yes. Let us know what you got on, so we see how it's done!

Well done. Take the rest of the day off sipping Margaritas

Nice one Bonzo! Well done. I got the no email at all.

Nothing for me.
My one-liners weren't really all that great but they were still better than some of the stuff that got onto last week's show, so I thought they might have a chance.

Quote: Stobbart42 @ 22nd February 2018, 8:51 PM

Nothing for me.
My one-liners weren't really all that great but they were still better than some of the stuff that got onto last week's show, so I thought they might have a chance.

With thousands of them sent in and maybe 20 on the show, it's a lottery for sure!

Quote: Bonzo @ 22nd February 2018, 6:44 PM

We got the good email - hurrah! Good luck everyone. :)

Congrats, you two!

Nothing doing here. I admit to feeling more despondent than in other strikeout weeks. I thought my cultural olympiad sketch was one of the better things I've written for Newsjack and was up the show's street (short, enough voices for all the cast, about sport, jokes throughout).

I remind myself to follow Sarah Millican's advice on this: feel free to wallow and feel shit about the rejection today, but then forget about it tomorrow and get on with the next thing.

Sound advice, that.
If there's a oneliner about the farts on a plane story in amongst it this evening then it better be weapons-grade brilliant. That is all.

Quote: Danno @ 22nd February 2018, 9:32 PM

Sound advice, that.
If there's a oneliner about the farts on a plane story in amongst it this evening then it better be weapons-grade brilliant. That is all.

If there is a one-liner on the man down a drain and one on the man who took his dead wife's ashes out it better be f***ing brilliant!!

This all does make us a highly critical, very interested audience.