Newsjack Series 18 Page 14

Quote: BTF @ 19th February 2018, 11:30 PM

Had a read. Yes it was good.

Thanks BTF, so you know that disappointment when you fail to get an NJ email when you're really proud of your sketches/jokes? Well it's about 100 times worse when fail to submit your sketch that you're proud of :(

I read it and thought it had wings. Rotten luck about the not sending thing, but fingers crossed on your other bits eh.

...I don't know about anyone else, but I get really impatient between now and my Thursday rejection slot. Trying hard not to read my submitted stuff to death...what's that all about anyway?

Lots of potentially hilarious news floating about (amongst the more sobering items), so all set for a rip snorting show to end all shows.

Anybody planning on going to this week's recording?

Miss the days when we used to get leaked lists of potential sketches!

Too far for me sadly.

We sent in two sketches on UKIP finding a new leader and the earthquake in Wales. Good luck everyone!

Good luck everyone.

yes indeedee News Jackers....be lucky (and funny). Apparently this episode is a bumper 48 hours long so there's an outside chance we all made it.

Viva Barry Cryer

Hopefully some people from here had work performed tonight. Staying positive, hoping for a win this week whilst also keeping an eye out for my next attempts!

Managed only a sketch parody of an winter Olympics event and some half decent one liners. Good luck tomorrow everyone.

If not see you in the critique section.

So I finally made an account on here, specifically to share my rejected sketches later...HERE WE GO!

Welcome spibbles! Prepare for the wonderful delight and heartbreak of Newsjack!

Thank you! ...so far it's been only heartbreak so let's hope that 'delight' bit happens soon (or, yaknow, at all)

Just seen that Luke Kempner is one of the cast this week, very good voice artist so that bodes well.

Quote: Danno @ 22nd February 2018, 1:54 PM

Just seen that Luke Kempner is one of the cast this week, very good voice artist so that bodes well.

He is one of the best.

Waiting for the emails to go out so I can get on with doing something with all my rejected work. I almost look forward to the routine of it now!

Here we go. My 10th week of attempting NJ. Not feeling incredibly positive after last week's blow but there is such a lottery element to it. One liners anyway.

Best of luck everyone. Really hoping to see some first-timers celebrating this week.

The real part is dislike about writing for NJ is after a while I become so warn down by the news. I generally don't pay too much attention beyond the big stories, but during the series run I cast a pretty wide net and there's so much horrible stuff out there that takes its toll.

It does however make it easier to spot the stories with some sketch potential. I've got a few I've saved to follow over the weekend as they seem promising.