The Rebel - Series 2 Page 5

Quote: beaky @ 20th December 2017, 11:08 AM

Wow! One up on the reverend!

That's better than 'one up the reverend'

Cheeky!

I thought it time to tell everyone that a third series won't be commissioned, sadly, due to poor audience figures. I'm now open to offers, so long as they're legal and decent.

Quote: beaky @ 21st February 2018, 3:51 PM

I thought it time to tell everyone that a third series won't be commissioned, sadly, due to poor audience figures.

That's a bummer, as I really enjoyed it. I guess your only recourse is to write a better show and sell it to their competitor for more money. Good luck!

I'm working on it! ;)

That is really sad news Beaky. I'd hoped they would give it another season. Is there no chance another channel would take it over?

I've also just contacted them to say how disappointed I am that there won't be a third series.

https://corporate.uktv.co.uk/about/contact-us/

Thanks, Will. No chance of another channel, things don't work like that!

What we need is a celebrity led campaign #meHenryPalmer

Haha! Henry would approve.

Quote: beaky @ 21st February 2018, 3:51 PM

I thought it time to tell everyone that a third series won't be commissioned, sadly, due to poor audience figures. I'm now open to offers, so long as they're legal and decent.

Well, surely Gold must have known it wasn't going to perform well in the ratings by sticking it on in a 10pm slot on a Wednesday night? Did they include on-demand ratings in the complete audience figures? I must say I am really disappointed by Gold's decision to not order a 3rd series.

Anyway, I wish you all the best beaky with your future projects.

Thanks! I'm not sure how they calculate audience figures, but they always have revised ones later, including all other factors. It didn't help that it was scheduled against Detectorists...

Yes, while trying desperately not to reach for the cheese-grater while watching Hold the Sunset, it struck me The Rebel was at the forefront of the new TV paradigm. That is, kids don't watch TV any more. They just stream whatever inanity takes their fleeting fancy, while young adults watch/stream/download, middle-aged losers continue to lap up World's Wildest Celebrity Chefs Got Talent Strictly on Ice, and old folks tune in to simple "gentle" sitcom fare.

Quote: Kenneth @ 26th February 2018, 2:12 AM

and old folks tune in to simple "gentle" sitcom fare.

That's a bit sweeping. I mainly enjoy Milligan, through Python, The Young Ones, Absolutely etc. etc. and more recently Witless, and am not "warming" to the cosy Hold the Sunset and even less Still Open All Hours.

Having said that, I have tried to like The Young Offenders that replaced Witless but it leaves me cold.

Well, there's always quality Australian fare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXgKNWH8xg

While not very similar to The Rebel, Swift and Shift is all about the misery of a changing world and society.