Comedy that should be repeated on GOLD Page 15

I think Robin Asquith got the part of Mike Abbott in the film because Robin Stewart, who played the part in the TV series, was a lazy git who wouldn't learn his lines and this severely pissed off Sid.

Must have read that in Sid's biog. - not sure as have read so many over the last five years.

That rumour's done the rounds for a while, but is in fact untrue. Askwith got the part in the film because he was more famous.

Quote: Wwe222 333 @ 6th December 2012, 8:53 PM GMT

I think Harry Enfleld and Clarence should.
Any other ideas?

Coupling

Ever Decreasing Circles
Life Without George
Dear John
Just Good Friends
The Good Life
Brush Strokes
One Foot in the Grave
Men Behaving Badly

Pretty much all of the above on a constant repeat

I don't think Comedy should be repeated on GOLD as I don't get it. Now I can get Dave.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st August 2017, 8:19 PM

I don't think Comedy should be repeated on GOLD as I don't get it. Now I can get Dave.

I'm also happy with Freeview but I don't have anything to record stuff while I'm out so I need to get something. I've thought about paying for more channels with Virgin but I don't think I would watch them and it would be a waste of money. I do miss music channels like MTV and VH1 but 4Music on Freeview does the job and anything decent on Gold I've already got on DVD. Sky is good for The Simpons but nothing else and even that is waning now and the latter series are a shadow of its former self.

Not a sitcom but I would like to see Grange Hill repeated from start to finish. I wouldn't watch it religiously as that might be a bit weird for a 40 year old but I would watch it now and again and definitely tune in during the Zammo/Just Say No story.

Just come across this thread. It's a huge shame what happened to the channel over the years, when Gold first started it showed a whole range of sitcoms, now I presume they just show the big BBC sitcoms, because the BBC tell them too or BBC own the channel or something like that.

I would love to see You Rang M'Lord, but I know it won't fit in the schedule due to the unusual running time for a sitcom.

Open All Hours and Porridge are shown on there, what about Seven of One where both of them came from? Going Straight? The sequel to Porridge. Do they still show The Two Ronnies? I know they did a few years ago.

I would love to see Till Death Do Us Part and In Sickness and In Health too, but I don't think the latter will ever be shown on TV ever again not even in a 2AM slot.

It's a shame!

The Two Ronnies is still shown regularly on Gold and Yesterday.

Quote: G180e @ 18th February 2018, 8:41 PM

The Two Ronnies is still shown regularly on Gold and Yesterday.

Glad to hear it. As Ronnie Barker is my favorite sitcom actor of all time along with Sid James. It's hard to say who's best between them!

Didn't Comedy Central used to show things like George and Mildred, before ITV took over?

Quote: Gazzo @ 28th October 2014, 10:35 PM

I think they should repeat Keep It In The Family, that was a great sitcom but I only vaguely remember it. Anyone agree with me on this?

Yeah I remember liking it but don't know if it was great. It was quite a vibrant upbeat famcom with an unconventional head of family so I think it was a bit like Fresh Fields maybe a precursor to it and that type of show.

I'd certainly like to see it again as the decades since have whizzed by with hardly a mention of it. I really I can't fathom why ITV 2/3 doesn't repeat this and others like it instead of endless reruns of On The Buses or Rising Damp. I enjoyed what I saw of Never The Twain repeats a year or two back and ITV do have a large back catalogue of domestic sitcoms. I'm beginning to miss the genre after I once cursed its preponderance. :(

Quote: Wheel @ 18th February 2018, 9:38 PM

Glad to hear it. As Ronnie Barker is my favorite sitcom actor of all time along with Sid James. It's hard to say who's best between them!

Didn't Comedy Central used to show things like George and Mildred, before ITV took over?

George and Mildred is being repeated on ITV3. I haven't got Gold.

Quote: Wheel @ 18th February 2018, 9:38 PM

They certainly did.

I'd like to see https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/jam/ , I saw the tail end of episode 6 at half past midnight on Gold or Dave once, I don't think it's been repeated since. I know it's on YouTube but still.

You could just buy the DVD. https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001BADN02/comedyguide-21/

Quote: Aaron @ 20th February 2018, 4:29 PM

You could just buy the DVD. https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001BADN02/comedyguide-21/

Could do, it's a pound on CEX: https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5014138069919