Award Shows

Does anyone really want to watch self-satisfying luvvies patting each other on the back? What is the appeal?

Music award shows are a bit different because you have bands playing but why does anyone care about the Oscars or the BAFTAs?

I suppose it's nice for them to get recognition for their jobs. I won't be watching but I do hope Christopher Plummer gets the Best Supporting whatever. An 88-year-old stepping into the part at the last minute! Apart from which I fell in love with him when I was 20! Laughing out loud

Quote: Briosaid @ 18th February 2018, 9:36 PM

I suppose it's nice for them to get recognition for their jobs. I won't be watching but I do hope Christopher Plummer gets the Best Supporting whatever. An 88-year-old stepping into the part at the last minute! Apart from which I fell in love with him when I was 20! Laughing out loud

Is that the year that he joined the Austrian Navy?

?????? Are we talking about 'Sound of Music'? In real life, he's Canadian. By the way, I think it's the Oscars I'm talking about.

Sleepy

*Edit* 23.57 - my emoticon was a comment on the thread. :D

Quote: Briosaid @ 18th February 2018, 10:18 PM

?????? Are we talking about 'Sound of Music'? In real life, he's Canadian. By the way, I think it's the Oscars I'm talking about.

Never! Really?