Welsh Comedy

Anyone have any thoughts about Welsh comedy? I have a blog all about it (www.comedycymru.wordpress.co.uk) and would love to hear more thoughts about stand up comedians/ sitcoms based in South Wales.

Many thanks
@comedycymru

Hi Cat. I'd like to ask a question about Welsh comedy if I may. At the moment the BCG doesn't cover any comedy broadcast in Welsh. I know that there is some comedy on S4C, probably the most famous series being C'Mon Midffild. Do you know if any of the releases of the series on DVD, video etc. come with English subtitles. If so I'd like to check it out for the guide.

I was a great fan of John Sparks' show "Barry Welsh Is Coming". Also enjoyed the English language version of Ryan and Ronnie. It's a shame BBC Wales didn't do an English version of the Ryan Davies seventies sitcom "Fo A Fe."

I still have the two Barry Welsh VHS tapes lurking around. To say it was the best thing on HTV in the mid 90s doesn't sound like much praise but it was!

The ST Davids Day show with so called Welsh comedian Owen Money must be avoided at costs.

For Davida if she reads this as she is into anything Welsh, as I find these two hysterical. From Absolutely with John Sparkes and an unrecognisable (!) Morwenna Banks - Denzil and Gwynned :- (Sadly cannot find the funniest one, which was where she had to tell him that she had been to see Dr. Willseeyounow who told her she was pregnant.) Bleedin' hilarious!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNpUYzMSeAs

Absolutely (the complete) :-

See Amazon product listing

Thanks Herc! Looks good to me. Can't afford the boxset at the moment but there are a fair number of clips on youtube.