What DVD are you watching? Page 30

No. It was more comfortable.

TTSCC ''Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles''
Watched it on tv when it was on and again now just because it was a good show. Too bad it was only 2 seasons. Good choice of an actress for Sarah Connor. At first I was upset thinking they would butcher the movie by turning it into a series, but I really did enjoyed it. It has always confused me this whole time travel thingie. I mean wouldn't it be easier to just go back in time and kill Sarah Connors grandmother and get the whole thing over with?

At last I have finished my Steptoe box set, all 13 discs/57 episodes + a documentary I recorded (?) of When Steptoe met Son and so gradually I am clearing the mantelpiece, and then what do I go and do? Buy the 20 disc box set of Bilko. :S

Oh well, the ornaments and candle sticks will have to stay in storage a bit longer.......................

20? Bilko??

Mines got about 5 discs :\

Watching The Best Of Dave Allen, its criminal that there is so little of THE master available on dvd.

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th February 2018, 9:06 PM

20? Bilko??

Mines got about 5 discs :\

Newish set, which I think is only available in the UK (where the show was more popular) and has ALL 142 episodes + 2 hours of extras !!

Amazon blurb :-

Woefully under-appreciated in it's home country, the series has always been feted in the UK and has regularly made the top tens of 'Best Sitcom' lists and is even recognised as the greatest ever sitcom from either side of the Atlantic in the prestigious Radio Times Guide to TV Comedy.

Now for the first time anywhere the Complete Series is available on DVD in this 20 disc set with a host of all new bonus extras.

Over 2 hours of new bonus extras including:

Keep in Step (the lost footage)

Phil Silvers last interview with Sonny Fox (Extended Version)

Phil Silvers on the Paul Ryan Show

Bilko On Parade (BBC Documentary)

Bilko in Colour!

32 Page Collector's Booklet

Audio Commentaries

Lost Audition Show

Original Network Opening

Original Network Commercials

Lucy and the Efficiency Expert

Phil Silvers on the Dick Cavett Show

Plus much more..............

Amazon have the complete Phil Silvers Show box set for only £35.99 right now. Bargain, surely?

http://amzn.to/2sklajP

It's Garry Shandling's Show.

Mr Holland's Opus. Everyone needs a Mr Holland in their life.

I don't believe Star Trek. Underdeveloped mutants on the other side of the universe speak better English than most Americans? Actually... (And I say that with all due respect to underdeveloped mutants on the other side of the universe.)

Is it Legal?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 18th March 2018, 10:57 AM

I don't believe Star Trek. Underdeveloped mutants on the other side of the universe speak better English than most Americans? Actually... (And I say that with all due respect to underdeveloped mutants on the other side of the universe.)

It's probably a form of auto correct built in to the Universal Translator. If the alien is speaking in broken English the translator fills in the blanks to make them sound like they've had elocution lessons since they were five.

Yeah I paid top price a few years back for the newly remastered Star Trek on DVD and couldn't see where it was remastered except for the very basic colouring in of The Enterprise's windows when travelling.

I watched a few eps put them on the shelf for intermittent viewing when feeling nerdy and have since seen them all on Freeview channel 70 and still not worked out where else its been remastered. Angry Moral - why fork out for boxsets when some channel is bound to show the lot soon after their release? A recorder is far better value.

The Young Ones has been very poorly served by DVD, especially when you consider how important it was. Bugger all (my priest's hobby). Very few bukes either.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 18th March 2018, 12:23 PM

Yeah I paid top price a few years back for the newly remastered Star Trek on DVD and couldn't see where it was remastered except for the very basic colouring in of The Enterprise's windows when travelling.

I watched a few eps put them on the shelf for intermittent viewing when feeling nerdy and have since seen them all on Freeview channel 70 and still not worked out where else its been remastered. Angry Moral - why fork out for boxsets when some channel is bound to show the lot soon after their release? A recorder is far better value.

The repeats on Freeview will no doubt have constant adverts and the channel logo in the corner which spoils it. I'm not sure about other Star Treks but all the Voyager boxsets from series 1-7 are chock full of extras like short interviews with the cast so that adds to the value. I paid a lot of money for the box sets but I've watched them so much it's been worth it. I watched a few episodes last night.

This one is Kate Mulgrew discussing how she got the part. Her radiance is immeasurable.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 18th March 2018, 12:28 PM

The Young Ones has been very poorly served by DVD, especially when you consider how important it was. Bugger all (my priest's hobby). Very few bukes either.

The boxset has a good documentary but I agree there isn't anything else. I searched youtube a few days ago to see if there were any Young Ones outtakes but there is just one short outtake during the "I'm not a cheque" scene. Would love to have seen Nigel Planer between takes maybe talking to the director or having his hair styled. I bet Rik was quite withdrawn on the set between takes and focused with his character.

The documentary on the box set shows how stupidly, amazingly, flippingly gorge Lise Mayer is and how she can take credit for a lot of the puerile humour. I bet she got so fed up of people incorrectly calling her Lisa that she just let them get on with it.