The Good Old Days Page 2

Quote: Chappers @ 19th March 2017, 11:22 PM

Unfortunately I missed the end but I would've done.

Marti Webb was on Radio 2 on Graham Norton's show on Saturday morning.

Hubba Hubba she looked hot in that outfit. Not much flesh on show but Phwoar!! Lovey And a fabulous voice too.

Brilliant Barry Cryer performance last night. Also a duet with Bernard Cribbins.

I've also just managed to clarify something which had confused me for a while. I knew Bernard Herrmann was the conductor here. I'd seen that a Bernard Herrmann had been the composer of music for Alfred Hitchcock films. However he died in 1975. I've just managed to confirm that there were two men with the same name both involved in music. Quite a coincidence!

Yes that is weird about the two Bernards and Barry Cryer superb ("You'll have had yer tea?"); but did you not think Sheila Steafel with her Poppsy Woppsy was brilliant too?

I did, she was great at just missing her queue.
'Er indoors walked by and said 'God, she can't sing'

Tch wimmin ay?

I thought it was a clever act with her "uncle" Leonard Sachs giving her prompts, and she has always been excellent each time she has been on with a totally different act each time. A very talented underrated comic in my opinion.

Queue = cue of course.
I knew it was the wrong word but could I 'ellas like think of the right one.

Laughing out loud I did notice, but am too much of a gentleman to say anything. (Chappers would of course, and taken great delight in hauling you over the coals) :D

Saw many of these, some were better than others, dependent on who was on the bill, I remember 'Doddy appeared on one Occassion with pith helmet and butterfly net. At some point while reciting 'road to mandalay'(?), he chanted, 'vicious, chaps, vicious chaps, then turning the net into a scoop, went from 'vicious chips', to 'fish and chips, fish and chips'. Only Doddy and Tommy C. could get away with that stuff!