BREXIT

How come everybody takes this BREXIT shenanigans so f**king seriously then?

We never used to give a f**k: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWGZdYNpaSo

Don't start me!

Quote: keewik @ 5th November 2016, 8:53 PM

Don't start me!

Can we not find anything to laugh at?
It seem's to be a good seam of humour to me.
Even if its of the schizophrenic genre.

Huh? A strangely depleted thread. Where is everyone? I'm still as excited as I ever was about leaving that hypocritical bunch of yoghurt freaks who get off on passing laws to demean and diminish Britain's once great power every week in Brussels.

First thing I want Prime Minister Boris to do when we're out is ban the import of cheese with holes in as it's plain commercial fraud and put a levy on garlic of £10 a clove. That should soon mean the only ones who can afford to use it will all be living in North London so the rest of us will no longer have to put up with it or the insufferably liberal tossers who eat the stuff.

The major Brexiteers are perfect figures of fun, ideal for a sitcom. Johnson, Gove and Rees-Mogg are the new Three Stooges.

The Three Brexiteers would make a great comic strip for a magazine Beaky, know any good cartoonists? :D

A fair few, Alfred!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th February 2018, 10:22 AM

First thing I want Prime Minister Boris to do when we're out is ban the import of cheese with holes in as it's plain commercial fraud and put a levy on garlic of £10 a clove. That should soon mean the only ones who can afford to use it will all be living in North London so the rest of us will no longer have to put up with it or the insufferably liberal tossers who eat the stuff.

Is garlic considered posh/pretentious over there? I think I've heard someone on this forum deride it as being too French? Americans would consider it Italian, I'd think. I love the stuff and it's used quite liberally (no pun intended) over here in just about every style of cooking.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th February 2018, 10:22 AM

Britain's once great power

Didn't we become powerful by joining countries together in the British Empire, United Kingdom, common wealth ?

Quote: DaButt @ 4th February 2018, 1:42 PM

Is garlic considered posh/pretentious over there? I think I've heard someone on this forum deride it as being too French? Americans would consider it Italian, I'd think. I love the stuff and it's used quite liberally (no pun intended) over here in just about every style of cooking.

It once was very much, pretentious and very foreign continental but all the TV cookery shows we've had have made it completely acceptable, it's not even trendy now, just normal and everywhere. I even like the odd slice of garlic bread myself but I'll never give up the old fight.
EnglandScotlandWales

Well, another year on Alf, and we just can't get people interested in Brexit. No one's fussed about it either way. oh well. :|

Here's what I think abart it all Alf.................................... Sleepy

The European Commission's new team has been described as "deeply insulting" and "fascist" by Labour & Green MEPs. Yet they still want to remain members? Very odd.

https://www.metro.news/ec-leaders-new-team-sparks-row/1711355/

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th August 2019, 9:33 AM

Here's what I think abart it all Alf.................................... Sleepy

I always thought that emoji was sleep dribble but I've just realised it's a pillow.

Ha yes, it's not the plumpest of pillows is it, maybe it is dribble. I got the one next to it very wrong, before I finally used it and it told me what it was I thought it was a drunk Scotsman with a fag in his mouth. It sort of still is but the day after. Ill See you Jimmy, ooh ma heid.