Story-lines you had hoped for in Only Fools and Horses

I wish we had more Mickey and Jevon personally.

He was a brilliantly written character, and played to perfection by Roger Lloyd Pack, but I always felt Trigger was a bit underused somewhat. It would have been great to see the odd snippet of his home life - the Trotters having to move in with him at his flat after the evacuation of Nelson Mandela House, or something.

I would have liked to see more development with Denzil. We know the basics about him and things like that. But it would be interesting to see an episode just based on Denzil and his situation, the perfect time for this would be after he divorced Corrine, but we don't know exactly when he split up with her. The last time he mentioned I think he was still with Corrine was in Series 6, I could be wrong. But I just hoped more episodes with him in there. Wasn't this one of the first sitcoms to go past the whole black vs white stereotype thing? I know there probably was a lot of it in Love Thy Neighbour, I wanted to put in a simple way without trying to be racist.

Del decamps to the north of England to spend the rest of his days in a corner shop recycling corny old "jokes" while surrounded by tiresome northern stereotypes.

Quote: paulted @ 3rd February 2018, 11:27 AM

Del decamps to the north of England to spend the rest of his days in a corner shop recycling corny old "jokes" while surrounded by tiresome northern stereotypes.

Laughing out loud

More run-ins with the Driscolls, a bit more Mickey and Jevon and perhaps, although Jolly Boys' Outing is considered the best episode, I'd like to have seen more secondary plots with the other characters.

Definitely more Mickey yes, who I always saw as a Del Boy in the making. And as he was in my favourite episodes I'd loved to have seen more of Detective Inspector Slater or even the disgraced former DI he became after To Hull And Back. I thought he could have gone on haunting the Trotters a couple more times at least. Those eps had great comedy-dramatic tension.

Conversely I'd have liked to have seen a lot less of Cassandra and Damien. Angry

Damien always felt like a spare part and a character that was created but then neglected. There was oportunity with the oldest actor Benjamin Smith who could have become part of the Trotter Trio and wreaking the deals Delboy was making in intricate and hilarious fashion or for more serious moments getting involved with the Drisoll brothers or scamming the landlord Michael. Instead he never had anything meaningful to do or say and the only time Delboy interacted with him was the familiar:

"Damien, don't do that son"

[Damien disobays his dad and does it anyway breaking or smashing something]

{look of dispair on Delboys face gets a slight laugh}

Camera then switches to Raquel who is moaning about something (bloody women always bloody moaning)

Something else that could have worked well is if Uncle Albert is exposed as a Terminator style alien cyborg sent to earth on a scouting mission for suitable landing zones. Perhaps the Trotters comply and turn against their own kind or they fight back and join a freedom fighter resistance.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th February 2018, 1:06 PM

Definitely more Mickey yes, who I always saw as a Del Boy in the making. And as he was in my favourite episodes I'd loved to have seen more of Detective Inspector Slater or even the disgraced former DI he became after To Hull And Back. I thought he could have gone on haunting the Trotters a couple more times at least. Those eps had great comedy-dramatic tension.

Conversely I'd have liked to have seen a lot less of Cassandra and Damien. Angry

I highly recommend a fan script I came across on ofah.net - no, it isn't mine although I have had a crack at it a few times. Out of all fan scripts, this is the funniest and cleverest one I've read.

http://www.ofah.net/blog/mr-x-part-1/

Robin Reliant car bomb outrage!