Newsjack Series 18

Yes it's true!

NEWSJACK is back!

The first show is recording on 7th February 2018 so that means getting your first lot of sketches and one-liners written around the 4th/5th.

It's time to enjoy the misery of rejection for six long weeks all over again - HURRAH!!!

Bloody heck, that came round quick.

Grate.

Cool beans.

Newsjack usually holds a writers' meeting for people who have had items on over the previous couple of series. Has anyone had an invite to a session before this new series starts?

'once more unto the breach'
#keen-ish

Yes can't wait for the Beeb to pick up the new Barry Cryer from this lot.

I didn't know we'd finished with the old Barry Cryer.

And even in the 1970s, he was never a topical comedy writer.

Newsjack?Verified account @NewsjackBBC

We're hosting a Twitter Q and A on Thurs 1st Feb @ 2pm with @bbcwritersroom - fire your show related questions to us with the hashtag #AskNewsjack and we'll do our best to answer any queries ahead of the new series!

Thanks

Listen to two of the new writers and the producer talking about how to improve your chances of getting stuff on the show:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/sitcom_geeks/episode_69/

great thanks

Quote: Mike X @ 9th January 2018, 7:56 PM

Yes it's true!

NEWSJACK is back!

The first show is recording on 7th February 2018 so that means getting your first lot of sketches and one-liners written around the 4th/5th.

It's time to enjoy the misery of rejection for six long weeks all over again - HURRAH!!!

Hi Mike,
It sounds interesting in a way.
In the unlikely event that they do accept a submission, as well as the prestige of having your item included, do they pay anything for it in terms of actual GBP money, and if so, do you know the level of remuneration.
Not that I expect I would get anything accepted as current affairs isn't my strong suit.
All the best.
Frankie :)

I missed the Twitter event but maybe the BBC Writers Room might have some relevant info on it? Can but try. Not that it's mission critical to be paid, it's just that I get so wistful about money..

Quote: Anorak @ 1st February 2018, 9:25 AM

Listen to two of the new writers and the producer talking about how to improve your chances of getting stuff on the show:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/sitcom_geeks/episode_69/

And Ms Barnes the week after.